Edward H. Chamberlin (1899 − 1967)
AbstractThis is an entry produced for the Handbook of the History of Economic Analysis, edited by Gilbert Faccarello and Heinz D. Kurz. Cheltenham, UK and Northampton, MA, USA: Edward Elgar, forthcoming.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by University Library of Munich, Germany in its series MPRA Paper with number 39213.
Date of creation: Jan 2012
Date of revision:
Edward Chamberlin; monopolistic competition;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- B21 - Schools of Economic Thought and Methodology - - History of Economic Thought since 1925 - - - Microeconomics
- B31 - Schools of Economic Thought and Methodology - - History of Economic Thought: Individuals - - - Individuals
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Nahid Aslanbeigui & Guy Oakes, 2011. "Hostage to Fortune: Edward Chamberlin and the Reception of The Theory of Monopolistic Competition," History of Political Economy, Duke University Press, vol. 43(3), pages 471-512, Fall.
- Thomas P. Reinwald, 1977. "The Genesis of Chamberlinian Monopolistic Competition Theory," History of Political Economy, Duke University Press, vol. 9(4), pages 522-534, Winter.
- Keppler, Jan Horst, 1998.
"The Genesis of 'Positive Economics' and the Rejection of Monopolistic Competition Theory: A Methodological Debate,"
Economics Papers from University Paris Dauphine
123456789/10986, Paris Dauphine University.
- Keppler, Jan Horst, 1998. "The Genesis of 'Positive Economics' and the Rejection of Monopolistic Competition Theory: A Methodological Debate," Cambridge Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 22(3), pages 261-76, May.
- Dixit, Avinash K & Stiglitz, Joseph E, 1975.
"Monopolistic Competition and Optimum Product Diversity,"
The Warwick Economics Research Paper Series (TWERPS)
64, University of Warwick, Department of Economics.
- Dixit, Avinash K & Stiglitz, Joseph E, 1977. "Monopolistic Competition and Optimum Product Diversity," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 67(3), pages 297-308, June.
- Mason, Edward S, 1982. "The Harvard Department of Economics from the Beginning to World War II," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, MIT Press, vol. 97(3), pages 383-433, August.
- Lefteris Tsoulfidis, 2009. "The rise and fall of monopolistic competition revolution," International Review of Economics, Springer, vol. 56(1), pages 29-45, March.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Ekkehart Schlicht).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.