Edward H. Chamberlin (1899 − 1967)
AbstractThis is an entry produced for the Handbook of the History of Economic Analysis, edited by Gilbert Faccarello and Heinz D. Kurz. Cheltenham, UK and Northampton, MA, USA: Edward Elgar, forthcoming.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by University Library of Munich, Germany in its series MPRA Paper with number 39213.
Date of creation: Jan 2012
Date of revision:
Edward Chamberlin; monopolistic competition;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- B21 - Schools of Economic Thought and Methodology - - History of Economic Thought since 1925 - - - Microeconomics
- B31 - Schools of Economic Thought and Methodology - - History of Economic Thought: Individuals - - - Individuals
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Dixit, Avinash K & Stiglitz, Joseph E, 1975.
"Monopolistic Competition and Optimum Product Diversity,"
The Warwick Economics Research Paper Series (TWERPS)
64, University of Warwick, Department of Economics.
- Dixit, Avinash K & Stiglitz, Joseph E, 1977. "Monopolistic Competition and Optimum Product Diversity," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, American Economic Association, vol. 67(3), pages 297-308, June.
- Lefteris Tsoulfidis, 2009. "The rise and fall of monopolistic competition revolution," International Review of Economics, Springer, Springer, vol. 56(1), pages 29-45, March.
- Thomas P. Reinwald, 1977. "The Genesis of Chamberlinian Monopolistic Competition Theory," History of Political Economy, Duke University Press, vol. 9(4), pages 522-534, Winter.
- Keppler, Jan Horst, 1998.
"The Genesis of 'Positive Economics' and the Rejection of Monopolistic Competition Theory: A Methodological Debate,"
Economics Papers from University Paris Dauphine
123456789/10986, Paris Dauphine University.
- Keppler, Jan Horst, 1998. "The Genesis of 'Positive Economics' and the Rejection of Monopolistic Competition Theory: A Methodological Debate," Cambridge Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, Oxford University Press, vol. 22(3), pages 261-76, May.
- Mason, Edward S, 1982. "The Harvard Department of Economics from the Beginning to World War II," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, MIT Press, MIT Press, vol. 97(3), pages 383-433, August.
- Nahid Aslanbeigui & Guy Oakes, 2011. "Hostage to Fortune: Edward Chamberlin and the Reception of The Theory of Monopolistic Competition," History of Political Economy, Duke University Press, vol. 43(3), pages 471-512, Fall.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Ekkehart Schlicht).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.