Uso De Combustíveis E Emissões De Co2 No Brasil: Um Modelo Interregional De Insumo-Produto
[Use of fossil and emissions of CO2 in Brazil - An Interregional Input-Output model]
AbstractThis study quantifies CO2 emissions caused by consumption of natural gas, alcohol and petroleum derivatives for six Brazilian regions, and evaluates the impact of possible policies for emission control. The connection between the level of activity and CO2 emissions for each energy input is presented for the six regions considered, detailing the portion of the total emissions caused by final demand, inter-industry consumption and household consumption. The model was also used to make simulations in order to evaluate the economic effects of a hypothetical restriction on emissions and the effects that an emission tax would cause.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by University Library of Munich, Germany in its series MPRA Paper with number 38006.
Date of creation: 2006
Date of revision:
input-output; greenhouse effect; CO2 emissions; pollution; environment;
Other versions of this item:
- Emerson Martins Hilgemberg & Joaquim J. M. Guilhoto & Cleise M. A. T. Hilgemberg, 2005. "Uso De Combustíveis E Emissões De Co2 No Brasil: Um Modelo Inter-Regional De Insumo-Produto," Anais do XXXIII Encontro Nacional de Economia [Proceedings of the 33th Brazilian Economics Meeting] 135, ANPEC - Associação Nacional dos Centros de Pósgraduação em Economia [Brazilian Association of Graduate Programs in Economics].
- Q52 - Agricultural and Natural Resource Economics; Environmental and Ecological Economics - - Environmental Economics - - - Pollution Control Costs; Distributional Effects; Employment Effects
- D57 - Microeconomics - - General Equilibrium and Disequilibrium - - - Input-Output Tables and Analysis
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Alcantara, Vicent & Padilla, Emilio, 2003. ""Key" sectors in final energy consumption: an input-output application to the Spanish case," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 31(15), pages 1673-1678, December.
- Casler, Stephen D. & Blair, Peter D., 1997. "Economic structure, fuel combustion, and pollution emissions," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 22(1), pages 19-27, July.
- Domingues, Edson Paulo & Haddad, Eduardo Amaral & Perobelli, Fernando Salgueiro & Almeida, Eduardo Simões de & Guilhoto, José Martins Guilhoto & Kanczuk, Fabio, 2010.
"Impactos econômicos das mudanças climáticas no Brasil
[Economic impacts of climate change in Brazil]," MPRA Paper 30697, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Eduardo Amaral Haddad & Edson Paulo Domingues & Fernando Salgueiro Perobelli & Eduardo Simões de Almeida & Carlos Roberto Azzoni & Joaquim J. M. & Guilhoto Fabio Kanczuk, 2010. "Impactos Econômicos Das Mudanças Climáticas No Brasil," Anais do XIV Seminário sobre a Economia Mineira [Proceedings of the 14th Seminar on the Economy of Minas Gerais], in: Anais do XIV Seminário sobre a Economia Mineira [Proceedings of the 14th Seminar on the Economy of Minas Gerais] Cedeplar, Universidade Federal de Minas Gerais.
- Edson Paulo Domingues & Eduardo Amaral Haddad & Fernando Salgueiro Perobelli & Carlos Roberto Azzon & Joaquim J. M. Guilhoto & Fabio Kanczuk & Eduardo Simões De Almeida, 2011. "Impactos Econômicos Das Mudançasclimáticas No Brasil," Anais do XXXVIII Encontro Nacional de Economia [Proceedings of the 38th Brazilian Economics Meeting] 126, ANPEC - Associação Nacional dos Centros de Pósgraduação em Economia [Brazilian Association of Graduate Programs in Economics].
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Ekkehart Schlicht).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.