Evolution of the Romanian exports and imports in the context of the European integration
AbstractThe adhesion to the European Union in January 2007 induced significant changes in the Romania’s foreign trade. In the new circumstances, the Romanian firms have to face an increased competition, but they could also fructify the opportunities of the European single market. Other changes could occur in the next years, when Romania is expected to adhere to the Eurozone. This paper explores the Romanian exports and imports evolution, in relation with the changes generated by the European integration. Such an analysis is quite complex due to the relatively short period of time passed since the adhesion to the European Union. Moreover, the global crisis affected substantially both the exports and the imports. We search for the major structural transformation in the Romanian foreign trade by time series analysis.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by University Library of Munich, Germany in its series MPRA Paper with number 36578.
Date of creation: 11 Nov 2010
Date of revision: 10 Feb 2012
Publication status: Published in Proceeding of The 16th International Conference The Knowledge-Based Organization Sibiu 2010 ECONOMIC, SOCIAL AND ADMINISTRATIVE APPROACHES TO THE KNOWLEDGE-BASED ORGANIZATION.2(2011): pp. 280-285
Romanian foreign trade; European integration; Structural breaks;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- F15 - International Economics - - Trade - - - Economic Integration
- F10 - International Economics - - Trade - - - General
- F19 - International Economics - - Trade - - - Other
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Frankel, Jeffrey & Rose, Andrew K., 2001.
"An Estimate of the Effect of Common Currencies on Trade and Income,"
Working Paper Series
rwp01-013, Harvard University, John F. Kennedy School of Government.
- Jeffrey Frankel & Andrew Rose, 2002. "An Estimate Of The Effect Of Common Currencies On Trade And Income," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, MIT Press, vol. 117(2), pages 437-466, May.
- Saikkonen, Pentti & Lütkepohl, Helmut, 1999.
"Testing for a unit root in a time series with a level shift at unknown time,"
SFB 373 Discussion Papers
1999,72, Humboldt University of Berlin, Interdisciplinary Research Project 373: Quantification and Simulation of Economic Processes.
- Saikkonen, Pentti & L tkepohl, Helmut, 2002. "Testing For A Unit Root In A Time Series With A Level Shift At Unknown Time," Econometric Theory, Cambridge University Press, vol. 18(02), pages 313-348, April.
- Helmut Luetkepohl & Pentti Saikkonen, 2000. "Testing for a Unit Root in a Time Series with a Level Shift at Unknown Time," Econometric Society World Congress 2000 Contributed Papers 0342, Econometric Society.
- repec:wop:humbsf:1999-88 is not listed on IDEAS
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Ekkehart Schlicht).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.