Impactul investitiilor straine directe asupra exporturilor din Romania
[Impact of the foreign direct investment on Romanian exports]
AbstractThis paper explores the impact of the foreign direct investment on the Romanian exports. We employ cointegration techniques and a Vector Error Correction Model to study the relations between the two variables. We find a significant influence of the foreign direct investment on the exports. Instead, the impact of exports on the foreign direct investment is rather weak.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by University Library of Munich, Germany in its series MPRA Paper with number 36563.
Date of creation: 19 Aug 2010
Date of revision: 09 Feb 2012
Foreign direct investment; Exports; Cointegration;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- F40 - International Economics - - Macroeconomic Aspects of International Trade and Finance - - - General
- F32 - International Economics - - International Finance - - - Current Account Adjustment; Short-term Capital Movements
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- James R. Markusen, 1995. "The Boundaries of Multinational Enterprises and the Theory of International Trade," Journal of Economic Perspectives, American Economic Association, vol. 9(2), pages 169-189, Spring.
- Saikkonen, Pentti & L tkepohl, Helmut, 2002.
"Testing For A Unit Root In A Time Series With A Level Shift At Unknown Time,"
Cambridge University Press, vol. 18(02), pages 313-348, April.
- Helmut Luetkepohl & Pentti Saikkonen, 2000. "Testing for a Unit Root in a Time Series with a Level Shift at Unknown Time," Econometric Society World Congress 2000 Contributed Papers 0342, Econometric Society.
- Saikkonen, Pentti & Lütkepohl, Helmut, 1999. "Testing for a unit root in a time series with a level shift at unknown time," SFB 373 Discussion Papers 1999,72, Humboldt University of Berlin, Interdisciplinary Research Project 373: Quantification and Simulation of Economic Processes.
- Johansen, Soren, 1995. "Likelihood-Based Inference in Cointegrated Vector Autoregressive Models," OUP Catalogue, Oxford University Press, number 9780198774501.
- Markku Lanne & Helmut Lutkepohl & Pentti Saikkonen, 2003.
"Test Procedures for Unit Roots in Time Series with Level Shifts at Unknown Time,"
Oxford Bulletin of Economics and Statistics,
Department of Economics, University of Oxford, vol. 65(1), pages 91-115, February.
- Lanne, Markku & Lütkepohl, Helmut & Saikkonen, Pentti, 2001. "Test procedures for unit roots in time series with level shifts at unknown time," SFB 373 Discussion Papers 2001,39, Humboldt University of Berlin, Interdisciplinary Research Project 373: Quantification and Simulation of Economic Processes.
- Penélope Pacheco-López, 2005. "Foreign Direct Investment, Exports and Imports in Mexico," The World Economy, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 28(8), pages 1157-1172, 08.
- Koi Nyen Wong & Tuck Cheong Tang, 2009.
"New Evidence on the Causal Linkages Between Foreign Direct Investment,Exports and Imports in Malaysia,"
The IUP Journal of Applied Economics,
IUP Publications, vol. 0(1), pages 20-25, January.
- Koi Nyen Wong & Tuck Cheong Tang, 2007. "New Evidence On The Causal Linkages Between Foreign Direct Investment, Exports And Imports In Malaysia," Monash Economics Working Papers 11-07, Monash University, Department of Economics.
- Breitung, Jorg, 2002. "Nonparametric tests for unit roots and cointegration," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 108(2), pages 343-363, June.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Ekkehart Schlicht).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.