Analysis Of The Romanian Current Account Sustainability
AbstractThis paper explores the sustainability of the Romanian current account. For this purpose we test the stationarity and cointegration of the monthly credit and debit transactions of the current account. It results these time series have unit roots for level
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by University of Oradea, Faculty of Economics in its journal The Journal of the Faculty of Economics - Economic.
Volume (Year): 1 (2009)
Issue (Month): 1 (May)
Contact details of provider:
Postal: Universitatii str. 1, Office F209, 410087 Oradea, Bihor
Fax: 004 0259 408409
Web page: http://anale.steconomiceuoradea.ro/
More information through EDIRC
Romanian Current Account; Sustainability; Cointegration;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- F40 - International Economics - - Macroeconomic Aspects of International Trade and Finance - - - General
- C22 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Single Equation Models; Single Variables - - - Time-Series Models; Dynamic Quantile Regressions; Dynamic Treatment Effect Models &bull Diffusion Processes
- C32 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Multiple or Simultaneous Equation Models; Multiple Variables - - - Time-Series Models; Dynamic Quantile Regressions; Dynamic Treatment Effect Models; Diffusion Processes
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Breitung, Jorg, 2002. "Nonparametric tests for unit roots and cointegration," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 108(2), pages 343-363, June.
- Helmut Luetkepohl & Pentti Saikkonen, 2000.
"Testing for a Unit Root in a Time Series with a Level Shift at Unknown Time,"
Econometric Society World Congress 2000 Contributed Papers
0342, Econometric Society.
- Saikkonen, Pentti & L tkepohl, Helmut, 2002. "Testing For A Unit Root In A Time Series With A Level Shift At Unknown Time," Econometric Theory, Cambridge University Press, vol. 18(02), pages 313-348, April.
- Saikkonen, Pentti & Lütkepohl, Helmut, 1999. "Testing for a unit root in a time series with a level shift at unknown time," SFB 373 Discussion Papers 1999,72, Humboldt University of Berlin, Interdisciplinary Research Project 373: Quantification and Simulation of Economic Processes.
- Lanne, Markku & Lütkepohl, Helmut & Saikkonen, Pentti, 2001.
"Test procedures for unit roots in time series with level shifts at unknown time,"
SFB 373 Discussion Papers
2001,39, Humboldt University of Berlin, Interdisciplinary Research Project 373: Quantification and Simulation of Economic Processes.
- Markku Lanne & Helmut Lutkepohl & Pentti Saikkonen, 2003. "Test Procedures for Unit Roots in Time Series with Level Shifts at Unknown Time," Oxford Bulletin of Economics and Statistics, Department of Economics, University of Oxford, vol. 65(1), pages 91-115, February.
- Husted, Steven, 1992. "The Emerging U.S. Current Account Deficit in the 1980s: A Cointegration Analysis," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 74(1), pages 159-66, February.
- Verma, Reetu & Perera, Nelson, 2008. "An Empirical Analysis of Sustainability of Trade Deficit:Evidence from Sri Lanka," Economics Working Papers wp08-06, School of Economics, University of Wollongong, NSW, Australia.
- PERERA, Nelson & VARMA, Reetu, 2008. "An Empirical Analysis Of Sustainability Of Trade Deficit: Evidence From Sri Lanka," International Journal of Applied Econometrics and Quantitative Studies, Euro-American Association of Economic Development, vol. 5(1), pages 79-92.
- Johansen, Soren, 1995. "Likelihood-Based Inference in Cointegrated Vector Autoregressive Models," OUP Catalogue, Oxford University Press, number 9780198774501.
- Catherine L. Mann, 2002. "Perspectives on the U.S. Current Account Deficit and Sustainability," Journal of Economic Perspectives, American Economic Association, vol. 16(3), pages 131-152, Summer.
- Heidari, Hassan & Katircioglu, Salih Turan & Davoudi, Narmin, 2012.
"Are current account deficits sustainable? New evidence from Iran using bounds test approach to level relationships,"
Economics - The Open-Access, Open-Assessment E-Journal,
Kiel Institute for the World Economy, vol. 6(46), pages 1-18.
- Heidari, Hassan & Katircioglu, Salih Turan & Davoudi, Narmin, 2012. "Are current account deficits sustainable? New evidence from Iran using bounds test approach to level relationship," Economics Discussion Papers 2012-24, Kiel Institute for the World Economy.
- Mutascu, Mihai & Shahbaz, Muhammad & Tiwari, Aviral Kumar, 2011.
"Revisiting the relationship between electricity consumption, capital and economic growth: Cointegration and causality analysis in Romania,"
29233, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Shahbaz, Muhammad & Mutascu, Mihai & Tiwari, Aviral Kumar, 2012. "Revisiting the Relationship between Electricity Consumption, Capital and Economic Growth: Cointegration and Causality Analysis in Romania," Journal for Economic Forecasting, Institute for Economic Forecasting, vol. 0(3), pages 97-120, September.
- Dumitriu, Ramona & Stefanescu, Razvan & Nistor, Costel, 2010. "Motivations for the Romanian exporters," MPRA Paper 36577, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised 10 Feb 2012.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Catalin ZMOLE).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.