Etica, economia e principi di giustizia
[Ethics, economics and principles of justice]
AbstractThe theme of justice in the economics and, in particular, the theme of distributive justice is the subject of heated controversy as distributive justice raises critical questions such as, for example, in the case of migration or the inequality of wages. But the question of justice is also referred to the problems of the natural environment. In general, the theories that have tried to respond to complex problems put in place by the theme of Justice all have a moral and philosophical foundation. This paper aims to analyze and comment on the arguments contained in the volume edited by Villani and Mazzocchi “Ethics, Economics and Principles of Justice” in order to highlight the importance of the debate around the issue of distributive justice, the problems posed by theories based on contractualism, specifying the various positions of economists, philosophers, sociologists, historians. Among their theoretical positions, this contribution underlines the different approaches that counteract. On the one hand, the aim for absolute values and the search for permanent justice, on the other hand, the relativism dictated by history and tradition.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by University Library of Munich, Germany in its series MPRA Paper with number 36107.
Date of creation: Dec 2001
Date of revision:
Etica; Giustizia Distributiva; Modelli di Distribuzione del Reddito; Contrattualismo; Ambiente;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- Q50 - Agricultural and Natural Resource Economics; Environmental and Ecological Economics - - Environmental Economics - - - General
- Z12 - Other Special Topics - - Cultural Economics - - - Religion
- H40 - Public Economics - - Publicly Provided Goods - - - General
- D70 - Microeconomics - - Analysis of Collective Decision-Making - - - General
- D63 - Microeconomics - - Welfare Economics - - - Equity, Justice, Inequality, and Other Normative Criteria and Measurement
- I31 - Health, Education, and Welfare - - Welfare, Well-Being, and Poverty - - - General Welfare, Well-Being
- I38 - Health, Education, and Welfare - - Welfare, Well-Being, and Poverty - - - Government Programs; Provision and Effects of Welfare Programs
- Z13 - Other Special Topics - - Cultural Economics - - - Economic Sociology; Economic Anthropology; Social and Economic Stratification
You can help add them by filling out this form.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Ekkehart Schlicht).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.