AbstractA version of this paper was published as chapter 13 of the 2005 second edition of The Elgar Companion to Law and Economics (ed. J. Backhaus). This paper is the sequel of chapter 7 of the first edition.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by EconWPA in its series Public Economics with number 0508010.
Length: 16 pages
Date of creation: 18 Aug 2005
Date of revision: 19 Aug 2005
Note: Type of Document - pdf; pages: 16. Keywords: Law and Economics, Constitutional Economics
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://18.104.22.168
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- D6 - Microeconomics - - Welfare Economics
- D7 - Microeconomics - - Analysis of Collective Decision-Making
- H - Public Economics
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Randall Holcombe, 1991. "Constitutions as constraints: A case study of three american constitutions," Constitutional Political Economy, Springer, vol. 2(3), pages 303-328, September.
- Anton Lowenberg & Ben Yu, 1992. "Efficient constitution formation and maintenance: The role of “exit”," Constitutional Political Economy, Springer, vol. 3(1), pages 51-72, December.
- Backhaus,J.G., 1995. "An economic analysis of constitutional law," Research Memorandum 011, Maastricht University, Maastricht Research School of Economics of Technology and Organization (METEOR).
- Landes, William M & Posner, Richard A, 1975.
"The Independent Judiciary in an Interest-Group Perspective,"
Journal of Law and Economics,
University of Chicago Press, vol. 18(3), pages 875-901, December.
- William M. Landes & Richard A. Posner, 1975. "The Independent Judiciary in an Interest-Group Perspective," NBER Working Papers 0110, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Barro, Robert J & Gordon, David B, 1983.
"A Positive Theory of Monetary Policy in a Natural Rate Model,"
Journal of Political Economy,
University of Chicago Press, vol. 91(4), pages 589-610, August.
- Robert J. Barro & David B. Gordon, 1981. "A Positive Theory of Monetary Policy in a Natural-Rate Model," NBER Working Papers 0807, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Donald Boudreaux & A. Pritchard, 1994. "Reassessing the role of the independent judiciary in enforcing interest-group bargains," Constitutional Political Economy, Springer, vol. 5(1), pages 1-21, December.
- Robert J. Barro & David B. Gordon, 1983.
"Rules, Discretion and Reputation in a Model of Monetary Policy,"
NBER Working Papers
1079, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Barro, Robert J. & Gordon, David B., 1983. "Rules, discretion and reputation in a model of monetary policy," Journal of Monetary Economics, Elsevier, vol. 12(1), pages 101-121.
- Terry L. Anderson & Peter J. Hill, 1986. "Constraining the Transfer Society: Constitutional and Moral Dimensions," Cato Journal, Cato Journal, Cato Institute, vol. 6(1), pages 317-345, Spring/Su.
- Carsten Hefeker, 1995. "Monetary union or currency competition? Currency arrangements for monetary stability in East and West," Constitutional Political Economy, Springer, vol. 6(1), pages 57-69, December.
- Barry Eichengreen., 1993. "International Monetary Arrangements for the 21st Century," Center for International and Development Economics Research (CIDER) Working Papers C93-021, University of California at Berkeley.
- Larry Merville & Dale Osborne, 1990. "Constitutional democracy and the theory of agency," Constitutional Political Economy, Springer, vol. 1(3), pages 21-47, September.
- Kydland, Finn E & Prescott, Edward C, 1977. "Rules Rather Than Discretion: The Inconsistency of Optimal Plans," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 85(3), pages 473-91, June.
- Buchanan, James M, 1993. " Public Choice after Socialism," Public Choice, Springer, vol. 77(1), pages 67-74, September.
- Vikas Kumar, 2008.
"Negotiating Constitution for Political Unions,"
- Vikas Kumar, 2008. "Negotiating constitution for political unions," Indira Gandhi Institute of Development Research, Mumbai Working Papers 2008-026, Indira Gandhi Institute of Development Research, Mumbai, India.
- Vikas Kumar, 2008. "Negotiating Constitution for Political Unions," Microeconomics Working Papers 22386, East Asian Bureau of Economic Research.
- van den Hauwe, Ludwig, 2000. "The Drama Revisited," MPRA Paper 8688, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Ludwig Van Den Hauwe, 2000. "The Case for Supply-Side Economics Revisited: The Effect of Time Preference," European Journal of Law and Economics, Springer, vol. 10(2), pages 139-160, September.
- Carlos Scartascini & Ernesto Stein & Mariano Tommasi, 2008.
"Political Institutions, State Capabilities and Public Policy - International Evidence,"
Research Department Publications
4608, Inter-American Development Bank, Research Department.
- Carlos Scartascini & Ernesto H. Stein & Mariano Tommasi, 2008. "Political Institutions, State Capabilities and Public Policy: International Evidence," IDB Publications 6757, Inter-American Development Bank.
- Jamil, Sarah & Neumärker, Bernhard, 2010. "A contribution to the contractual analysis of public-private partnerships," The Constitutional Economics Network Working Papers 04-2010, University of Freiburg, Department of Economic Policy and Constitutional Economic Theory.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (EconWPA).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.