Grande distribuzione alimentare e criteri di selezione dei fornitori nella prospettiva dei piccoli e medi produttori
[Suppliers selction criteria for large retailers: The small and medium manufacturers perspective]
AbstractLarge retailers’ suppliers selection criteria are changing towards a greater attention to factors that can increase variety and differentiation of assortments. This paper aims to analyze the changes in which small and medium manufacturers are involved as retailers’ suppliers. A survey on a sample of SMEs in the food industry has been conducted in order to understanding the level of pressure that manufacturers perceive in retailers’ selection criteria. The analysis reveals as retailers’ attention is moving towards issues concerning the ability of the supplier to sustain a high level of efficiency along the whole supply chain.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by University Library of Munich, Germany in its series MPRA Paper with number 31353.
Date of creation: 2010
Date of revision: 2011
large retailing; suppliers selection; SMEs; channel relationships; buying; purchasing;
Other versions of this item:
- Fabio Musso & Mario Risso & Barbara Francioni, 2011. "Grande distribuzione alimentare e criteri di selezione dei fornitori nella prospettiva dei piccoli e medi produttori," MERCATI E COMPETITIVITÀ, FrancoAngeli Editore, vol. 2011(1), pages 73-92.
- L14 - Industrial Organization - - Market Structure, Firm Strategy, and Market Performance - - - Transactional Relationships; Contracts and Reputation
- M14 - Business Administration and Business Economics; Marketing; Accounting - - Business Administration - - - Corporate Culture; Social Responsibility
- L81 - Industrial Organization - - Industry Studies: Services - - - Retail and Wholesale Trade; e-Commerce
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- repec:ccp:journl:v:1:y:2001:i:3:p:247-281 is not listed on IDEAS
- Paul Dobson & Roger Clarke & Stephen Davies & Michael Waterson, 2001. "Buyer Power and its Impact on Competition in the Food Retail Distribution Sector of the European Union," Journal of Industry, Competition and Trade, Springer, vol. 1(3), pages 247-281, September.
- Raff, Horst & Schmitt, Nicolas, 2009.
"Buyer power in international markets,"
Journal of International Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 79(2), pages 222-229, November.
- Horst Raff & Nicolas Schmitt, 2009. "Buyer Power in International Markets," CESifo Working Paper Series 2755, CESifo Group Munich.
- Horst Raff & Nicolas Schmitt, 2008. "Buyer Power in International Markets," Kiel Working Papers 1431, Kiel Institute for the World Economy.
- Horst Raff & Nicolas Schmitt, 2007. "Buyer Power in International Markets," Discussion Papers dp07-23, Department of Economics, Simon Fraser University.
- Cosetta Pepe & Fabio Musso & Mario Risso, 2010. "SME Food Suppliers Versus Large Retailers: Perspectives in the International Supply Chains," DSI Essays Series, DSI - Dipartimento di Studi sull'Impresa, vol. 13.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Ekkehart Schlicht).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.