Buyer Power and its Impact on Competition in the Food Retail Distribution Sector of the European Union
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Springer in its journal Journal of Industry, Competition and Trade.
Volume (Year): 1 (2001)
Issue (Month): 3 (September)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://springerlink.metapress.com/link.asp?id=105724
buyer power; retailing; competition; concentration;
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Paul Dobson & Michael Waterson, 1999. "Retailer power: recent developments and policy implications," Economic Policy, CEPR & CES & MSH, vol. 14(28), pages 133-164, 04.
- Dobson, Paul W & Waterson, Michael, 1997. "Countervailing Power and Consumer Prices," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 107(441), pages 418-30, March.
- Fofana, Abdulai & Jaffry, Shabbar, 2008. "Measuring Oligopsony Power of UK Salmon Retailers," Working Papers 61116, Scotland's Rural College (formerly Scottish Agricultural College), Land Economy & Environment Research Group.
- Fofana, Abdulai & Jaffry, Shabbar, 2008.
"Measuring Oligopsony Power of UK Salmon Retailers,"
Marine Resource Economics,
Marine Resources Foundation, vol. 23(4).
- Horst Raff & Nicolas Schmitt, 2007.
"Buyer Power in International Markets,"
dp07-23, Department of Economics, Simon Fraser University.
- Akkerman, Renzo & van Donk, Dirk Pieter, 2009. "Product mix variability with correlated demand in two-stage food manufacturing with intermediate storage," International Journal of Production Economics, Elsevier, vol. 121(2), pages 313-322, October.
- Eckel, Carsten, 2007. "International trade and retailing: Diversity versus accessibility and the creation of retail deserts," Center for European, Governance and Economic Development Research Discussion Papers 66, University of Goettingen, Department of Economics.
- Habtu T. Weldegebriel & Xiuqing Wang & Anthony J. Rayner, 2012. "Price transmission market power and industry technology: a note," China Agricultural Economic Review, Emerald Group Publishing, vol. 4(3), pages 281-299, October.
- Wortmann, Michael, 2003. "Structural change and globalisation of the German retail industry," Discussion Papers, Research Unit: Internationalization and Organization SP III 2003-202b, Social Science Research Center Berlin (WZB).
- Wang, Xiuqing & Weldegebriel, Habtu T. & Rayner, Anthony J., 2006.
"Price Transmission, Market Power and Returns to Scale,"
46004, Scottish Agricultural College, Land Economy Research Group.
- Wang, Xiuqing & Weldegebriel, Habtu T. & Rayner, Anthony J., 2006. "Price Transmission, Market Power and Returns to Scale," Working Papers 46004, Scotland's Rural College (formerly Scottish Agricultural College), Land Economy & Environment Research Group.
- Bedre-Defolie, Ö., 2012.
"Vertical coordination through renegotiation,"
International Journal of Industrial Organization,
Elsevier, vol. 30(6), pages 553-563.
- Özlem Bedre-Defolie & Stéphane Caprice, 2011.
"Merger efficiency and welfare implications of buyer power,"
ESMT Research Working Papers
ESMT-11-07, ESMT European School of Management and Technology.
- Özlem Bedre-Defolie & Stéphane Caprice, 2011. "Merger Efficiency and Welfare Implications of Buyer Power," Discussion Papers of DIW Berlin 1144, DIW Berlin, German Institute for Economic Research.
- Musso, Fabio & Risso, Mario & Francioni, Barbara, 2010.
"Grande distribuzione alimentare e criteri di selezione dei fornitori nella prospettiva dei piccoli e medi produttori
[Suppliers selction criteria for large retailers: The small and medium manufactu," MPRA Paper 31353, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised 2011.
- Fabio Musso & Mario Risso & Barbara Francioni, 2011. "Grande distribuzione alimentare e criteri di selezione dei fornitori nella prospettiva dei piccoli e medi produttori," MERCATI E COMPETITIVITÀ, FrancoAngeli Editore, vol. 2011(1), pages 73-92.
- Karantininis, Kostas & Sauer, Johannes & Furtan, William Hartley, 2010. "Innovation and integration in the agri-food industry," Food Policy, Elsevier, vol. 35(2), pages 112-120, April.
- Eckel, Carsten, 2009.
"International trade and retailing,"
BERG Working Paper Series
63, Bamberg University, Bamberg Economic Research Group.
- Johan F.M. Swinnen & Anneleen Vandeplas, 2010.
"Market power and rents in global supply chains,"
International Association of Agricultural Economists, vol. 41(s1), pages 109-120, November.
- Swinnen, Johan F.M. & Vandeplas, Anneleen, 2009. "Market Power and Rents in Global Supply Chains," 2009 Conference, August 16-22, 2009, Beijing, China 53213, International Association of Agricultural Economists.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Guenther Eichhorn) or (Christopher F. Baum).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.