Wage-profit curves of the Finnish economy: evidence from the supply and use tables
AbstractThis paper extends the empirical investigation of the shape of wage-profit curves to the case of joint production using data from the Supply and Use Tables of the Finnish economy (for the years 1995 through 2004). It is found that (i) the considered systems do not have the usual properties of single-product systems; and (ii) the monotonicity of the wage-profit curves depends on the adopted normalization condition.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by University Library of Munich, Germany in its series MPRA Paper with number 30183.
Date of creation: 2011
Date of revision:
Wage-profit curves; joint production; supply and use tables; input-output analysis;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- B51 - Schools of Economic Thought and Methodology - - Current Heterodox Approaches - - - Socialist; Marxian; Sraffian
- D33 - Microeconomics - - Distribution - - - Factor Income Distribution
- D57 - Microeconomics - - General Equilibrium and Disequilibrium - - - Input-Output Tables and Analysis
This paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Kurz,Heinz D. & Salvadori,Neri, 1997.
"Theory of Production,"
Cambridge University Press, number 9780521588676, December.
- Christian Bidard & Guido Erreygers, 1998. "Sraffa and Leontief on Joint Production," Review of Political Economy, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 10(4), pages 427-446.
- Bidard, Christian, 1997. "Pure Joint Production," Cambridge Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 21(6), pages 685-701, November.
- Christian Bidard, 2005. "Introduction," Revue d'économie politique, Dalloz, vol. 0(4), pages 373-378.
- Steedman, Ian, 1975. "Positive Profits with Negative Surplus Value," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 85(337), pages 114-23, March.
- Steedman, Ian, 1976. "Positive Profits with Negative Surplus Value: A Reply to Wolfstetter," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 86(344), pages 873-76, December.
- Salvadori, Neri & Steedman, Ian, 1988. "Joint Production Analysis in a Sraffian Framework," Bulletin of Economic Research, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 40(3), pages 165-95, June.
- Steedman, Ian, 1976. "Positive Profits with Negative Surplus Value: A Reply," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 86(343), pages 604-08, September.
- Heinz Kurz & Neri Salvadori, 2001. "Sraffa and von Neumann," Review of Political Economy, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 13(2), pages 161-180.
- Raa, M.H. ten & Kop Jansen, P., 1990. "The choice of model in the construction of input-output coefficients matrices," Open Access publications from Tilburg University urn:nbn:nl:ui:12-381948, Tilburg University.
- Lefteris Tsoulfidis, 2002. "Values, prices of production and market prices: some more evidence from the Greek economy," Cambridge Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 26(3), pages 359-369, May.
- T Mariolis & G Soklis, 2010. "Additive Labour Values and Prices: Evidence from the Supply and Use Tables of the French, German and Greek Economies," Economic Issues Journal Articles, Economic Issues, vol. 15(2), pages 87-107, September.
- Filippini, Carlo & Filippini, Luigi, 1982. "Two Theorems on Joint Production," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 92(366), pages 386-90, June.
- Theodore Mariolis, 2004. "Pure joint production and international trade: a note," Cambridge Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 28(3), pages 449-456, May.
- Theodore Mariolis, 2008. "Pure Joint Production, Income Distribution, Employment And The Exchange Rate," Metroeconomica, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 59(4), pages 656-665, November.
- Flaschel, Peter, 1980. " The Derivation and Comparison of Employment Multipliers and Labour Productivity Indexes Using Monetary and Physical Input-Output Tables," Economic Change and Restructuring, Springer, vol. 16(3), pages 118-29.
- Zonghie Han & Bertram Schefold, 2006. "An empirical investigation of paradoxes: reswitching and reverse capital deepening in capital theory," Cambridge Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 30(5), pages 737-765, September.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Ekkehart Schlicht).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.