Sraffa and Leontief on Joint Production
AbstractThis paper shows that results obtained in the Sraffian literature on joint production are relevant for input—output economists working in the tradition of Leontief. We concentrate upon the 'adjustment' property, i.e. the ability of a system to cope with any variation in final demand. We identify a number of systems which possess the adjustment property, with special attention to economies using fixed capital goods.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Taylor & Francis Journals in its journal Review of Political Economy.
Volume (Year): 10 (1998)
Issue (Month): 4 ()
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.tandfonline.com/CRPE20
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Soklis, George, 2009. "The Conversion of the Supply and Use Tables to Symmetric Input-Output Tables: A Critical Review," MPRA Paper 46873, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- T Mariolis & G Soklis, 2010. "Additive Labour Values and Prices: Evidence from the Supply and Use Tables of the French, German and Greek Economies," Economic Issues Journal Articles, Economic Issues, vol. 15(2), pages 87-107, September.
- Soklis, George, 2011. "Wage-profit curves of the Finnish economy: evidence from the supply and use tables," MPRA Paper 30183, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Mariolis, Theodore & Soklis, George & Groza, Heleni, 2010. "An Input-Output Approach to the Estimation of the Maximum Attainable Economic Dependency Ratio in four European Economies," MPRA Paper 22661, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Mejía Cubillos, Javier, 2013.
"Perfil económico del Eje Cafetero. Un análisis con miras a la competitividad territorial
[Economic profile of Eje Cafetero. An analysis towards territorial competitiveness]," MPRA Paper 43873, University Library of Munich, Germany.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Michael McNulty).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.