An Input-Output Approach to the Estimation of the Maximum Attainable Economic Dependency Ratio in four European Economies
AbstractThe purpose of this paper is to explore, in terms of input-output models, the proximate determinants of the maximum attainable Economic Dependency Ratio and to provide estimates of that ratio in four European economies (Finnish, German, Greek, Spanish). The evaluation of the results reveals certain central socio-technical features of the actual economies under consideration.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by University Library of Munich, Germany in its series MPRA Paper with number 22661.
Date of creation: 12 May 2010
Date of revision:
Austrian rate of surplus labour; net labour saving from trade; economic dependency ratio-consumptions-growth frontier;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- H55 - Public Economics - - National Government Expenditures and Related Policies - - - Social Security and Public Pensions
- E24 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - Consumption, Saving, Production, Employment, and Investment - - - Employment; Unemployment; Wages; Intergenerational Income Distribution
- D57 - Microeconomics - - General Equilibrium and Disequilibrium - - - Input-Output Tables and Analysis
- C67 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Mathematical Methods; Programming Models; Mathematical and Simulation Modeling - - - Input-Output Models
This paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Rigmar Osterkamp, 2003. "Demographic Dependency Ratios," CESifo DICE Report, Ifo Institute for Economic Research at the University of Munich, Ifo Institute for Economic Research at the University of Munich, vol. 1(3), pages 69-70, 02.
- Chinn, Menzie D. & Prasad, Eswar S., 2003.
"Medium-term determinants of current accounts in industrial and developing countries: an empirical exploration,"
Journal of International Economics, Elsevier,
Elsevier, vol. 59(1), pages 47-76, January.
- Menzie D. Chinn & Eswar S. Prasad, 2000. "Medium-Term Determinants of Current Accounts in Industrial and Developing Countries: An Empirical Exploration," NBER Working Papers 7581, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Kalmbach, Peter & Kurz, Heinz D., 1990. "Micro-electronics and employment: A dynamic input-output study of the West German economy," Structural Change and Economic Dynamics, Elsevier, Elsevier, vol. 1(2), pages 371-386, December.
- Wolfstetter, E, 1973. "Surplus Labour, Synchronised Labor Costs and Marx's Labour Theory of Value," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, Royal Economic Society, vol. 83(331), pages 787-809, September.
- Erdilek, Asim & Schive, Chi, 1976. "Can Trade Be Harmful for a Growing Capitalist Economy?," Kyklos, Wiley Blackwell, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 29(2), pages 317-20.
- Zonghie Han & Bertram Schefold, 2006. "An empirical investigation of paradoxes: reswitching and reverse capital deepening in capital theory," Cambridge Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, Oxford University Press, vol. 30(5), pages 737-765, September.
- Clark, Robert L & Kreps, Juanita & Spengler, Joseph J, 1978. "Economics of Aging: A Survey," Journal of Economic Literature, American Economic Association, American Economic Association, vol. 16(3), pages 919-62, September.
- Christian Bidard & Guido Erreygers, 1998. "Sraffa and Leontief on Joint Production," Review of Political Economy, Taylor & Francis Journals, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 10(4), pages 427-446.
- Leontief, Wassily & Duchin, Faye, 1986. "The Future Impact of Automation on Workers," OUP Catalogue, Oxford University Press, Oxford University Press, number 9780195036237, October.
- Mariolis, Theodore, 2010. "Κριτική Έκθεση του "Νόμου της Πτωτικής Τάσης του Ποσοστού Κέρδους" του K. Marx: Κατανομή Εισοδήματος, Επισώ�," MPRA Paper 22461, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Mariolis, Theodore & Papoulis, Κostas, 2010.
"Δυναμική Του Δημοσίου Χρέους, Οικονομική Πολιτική Και Κοινωνική Συνοχή Στην Ελλάδα: Μία Σημείωση
[Public debt dynam," MPRA Paper 28551, University Library of Munich, Germany.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Ekkehart Schlicht).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.