An Analysis of the Mobile Payment Problem in Europe
AbstractMobile payment is crucial for, but not limited to mobile commerce. But a role as an established payment system still seems to be a distant prospect for it. In this paper we examine the basic conditions to mobile payment with special regard to the European market. Based on this, we analyze the current deadlock on the mobile payment market in order to develop a set of requirements to an integrative solution in the form of a Universal Mobile Payment System (UMPS). Finally, applications and constrictions of the results are shown and an outlook on the future of mobile payment is given.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by University Library of Munich, Germany in its series MPRA Paper with number 2915.
Date of creation: 2004
Date of revision:
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- M21 - Business Administration and Business Economics; Marketing; Accounting - - Business Economics - - - Business Economics
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Pousttchi, Key & Selk, Bernhard & Turowski, Klaus, 2002.
"Akzeptanzkriterien für mobile Bezahlverfahren
[Acceptance criterias for mobile payment procedures]," MPRA Paper 3785, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Kreyer, Nina & Pousttchi, Key & Turowski, Klaus, 2002. "Standardized Payment Procedures as Key Enabling Factor for Mobile Commerce," MPRA Paper 2910, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Pousttchi, Key, 2003. "Conditions for acceptance and usage of mobile payment procedures," MPRA Paper 2912, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Khodawandi, Darius & Pousttchi, Key & Wiedemann, Dietmar Georg, 2003.
"Akzeptanz mobiler Bezahlverfahren in Deutschland
[Acceptance of Mobile Payment Procedures in Germany]," MPRA Paper 3606, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Kreyer, Nina & Pousttchi, Key & Turowski, Klaus, 2002. "Characteristics of Mobile Payment Procedures," MPRA Paper 3786, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Pousttchi, Key & Wiedemann, Dietmar Georg, 2005.
"Relativer Vorteil bei mobilen Bezahlverfahren - mobiles Bezahlen aus dem Blickwinkel der Diffusionstheorie
[Relative advantage of mobile payment procedures - Mobile Payment from the perspective of ," MPRA Paper 3607, University Library of Munich, Germany.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Ekkehart Schlicht).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.