Current Mobile Payment Procedures on the German Market from the View of Customer Requirements
AbstractThe key to mobile payment acceptance is in the hands of customers. In this paper we use the results of the mobile payment survey MP1 in order to identify and roughly weigh the most relevant acceptance criteria. The outcome of the paper is an evaluation scheme containing the covered payment scenarios, important main criteria (security, costs and convenience) and additional functionality requirements for each MP procedure. The scheme is based on empirical results and can assess a given MP procedure with regard to customer acceptance as well as to compare different procedures. The operational MP procedures Paybox, I-mode and Vodafone m-pay are examined and compared according to the scheme. Finally, a prospect is given to possible further development of mobile payment procedures in the direction of an integrative universal mobile payment system (UMPS).
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by University Library of Munich, Germany in its series MPRA Paper with number 2911.
Date of creation: 2003
Date of revision:
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- M21 - Business Administration and Business Economics; Marketing; Accounting - - Business Economics - - - Business Economics
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Pousttchi, Key, 2003. "Conditions for acceptance and usage of mobile payment procedures," MPRA Paper 2912, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Khodawandi, Darius & Pousttchi, Key & Wiedemann, Dietmar Georg, 2003.
"Akzeptanz mobiler Bezahlverfahren in Deutschland
[Acceptance of Mobile Payment Procedures in Germany]," MPRA Paper 3606, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Kreyer, Nina & Pousttchi, Key & Turowski, Klaus, 2002. "Standardized Payment Procedures as Key Enabling Factor for Mobile Commerce," MPRA Paper 2910, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Pousttchi, Key & Selk, Bernhard & Turowski, Klaus, 2002.
"Akzeptanzkriterien für mobile Bezahlverfahren
[Acceptance criterias for mobile payment procedures]," MPRA Paper 3785, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Pousttchi, Key, 2003.
"Abrechnung mobiler Mehrwertdienste
[Payment of mobile value-added services]," MPRA Paper 3784, University Library of Munich, Germany.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Ekkehart Schlicht).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.