Assessment of Today’s Mobile Banking Applications from the View of Customer Requirements
AbstractMobile banking is a subset of electronic banking which underlies not only the determinants of the banking business but also the special conditions of mobile commerce. This paper analyzes customer needs and expectations from the mobile applications’ view and from the banking view in order to derive a defined set of requirements. Based on these results, existing mobile banking applications are assessed. Their major shortcomings are explained, opportunities for their improvement are shown and the impact of upcoming new technology is discussed. The outcome of the paper is a defined set of customer requirements to mobile banking applications, the identification and assessment of four standard types of current mobile banking applications and an explanation of major failure reasons along with opportunities for their improvement.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by University Library of Munich, Germany in its series MPRA Paper with number 2913.
Date of creation: 2004
Date of revision:
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- M21 - Business Administration and Business Economics; Marketing; Accounting - - Business Economics - - - Business Economics
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Pousttchi, Key, 2003. "Conditions for acceptance and usage of mobile payment procedures," MPRA Paper 2912, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Pousttchi, Key & Weizmann, Moritz & Turowski, Klaus, 2003. "Added Value-based Approach to Analyze Electronic Commerce and Mobile Commerce Business Models," MPRA Paper 3618, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Kreyer, Nina & Pousttchi, Key & Turowski, Klaus, 2002. "Standardized Payment Procedures as Key Enabling Factor for Mobile Commerce," MPRA Paper 2910, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Ching-Mun Cheah & Aik-Chuan Teo & Keng-Boon Ooi & Jessica C. J. Wong, 2013. "Extending The Utaut Model in M-Banking Adoption," Diversity, Technology, and Innovation for Operational Competitiveness: Proceedings of the 2013 International Conference on Technology Innovation and Industrial Management, ToKnowPress.
- Kumbhar, Vijay, 2011. "Financial Inclusion Through M-Banking Services: Scope and Problems in India," MPRA Paper 28724, University Library of Munich, Germany.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Ekkehart Schlicht).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.