Standardized Payment Procedures as Key Enabling Factor for Mobile Commerce
AbstractCompanies are not going to invest into the development of innovative applications or services unless these can be charged for appropriately. Thus, the existence of standardized and widely accepted mobile payment procedures is crucial for successful business-to-customer mobile commerce. In this paper we reflect on the acceptance of mobile payment and examine the characteristics of current mobile payment procedures. The outcomes of the paper are a categorization of current mobile payment procedures with strategic, participation and operational criteria and, based on these results, the derivation of the five mobile payment standard types prepaid, mobile money, conventional settlement, premium rate number and dual-card. Finally, a prospect is given to possible further development of mobile payment procedures in the direction of an integrative universal mobile payment system (UMPS).
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by University Library of Munich, Germany in its series MPRA Paper with number 2910.
Date of creation: 2002
Date of revision:
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- M2 - Business Administration and Business Economics; Marketing; Accounting - - Business Economics
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Kreyer, Nina & Pousttchi, Key & Turowski, Klaus, 2002. "Characteristics of Mobile Payment Procedures," MPRA Paper 3786, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Pousttchi, Key & Selk, Bernhard & Turowski, Klaus, 2002. "Enabling mobile commerce through mass customization," MPRA Paper 3623, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Pousttchi, Key & Selk, Bernhard & Turowski, Klaus, 2002.
"Akzeptanzkriterien für mobile Bezahlverfahren
[Acceptance criterias for mobile payment procedures]," MPRA Paper 3785, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Pousttchi, Key & Zenker, M., 2003. "Current Mobile Payment Procedures on the German Market from the View of Customer Requirements," MPRA Paper 2911, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Pousttchi, Key, 2003.
"Abrechnung mobiler Mehrwertdienste
[Payment of mobile value-added services]," MPRA Paper 3784, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Linck, K. & Pousttchi, Key & Wiedemann, Dietmar Georg, 2006. "Security Issues in Mobile Payment from the Customer Viewpoint," MPRA Paper 2923, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Khodawandi, Darius & Pousttchi, Key & Wiedemann, Dietmar Georg, 2003.
"Akzeptanz mobiler Bezahlverfahren in Deutschland
[Acceptance of Mobile Payment Procedures in Germany]," MPRA Paper 3606, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Pousttchi, Key & Schurig, Martin, 2004. "Assessment of Today’s Mobile Banking Applications from the View of Customer Requirements," MPRA Paper 2913, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Pousttchi, Key, 2004. "An Analysis of the Mobile Payment Problem in Europe," MPRA Paper 2915, University Library of Munich, Germany.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Ekkehart Schlicht).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.