A Set of Limited Asian Pacific Corporate Governance Standards After Financial Crisis, Corporate Scandals and Manipulation
AbstractUp to now there are some researches done in the field of giving a framework of implementation of corporate governance standards after corporate scandals, negative market manipulation during the post-crisis periods. This paper mainly concentrates on empirical research for findings in this field. First, it comes up with four (4) groups of findings on corporate governance subjects in the post-crisis and post-scandal time. It found out that companies in these periods have certain corporate governance issues such as how to better organize an information disclosure system. Second, it compared and identified differences in current and latest corporate governance standard system in four (4) countries in Asian Pacific region: Japan, Australia, Philippines and Korea. Third, this paper provide with a short summary of evaluation of current corporate governance principles in these four countries which can enable corporations to seek and to compare to their current codes. Last but not least, it aims to realize a limited general set of standards of Asian Pacific corporate governance and give proper recommendations to relevant governments and organizations.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by University Library of Munich, Germany in its series MPRA Paper with number 27664.
Date of creation: 24 Dec 2010
Date of revision: 24 Dec 2010
Corporate governance structure; CEO; Chair; principles; Board of Directors; Compliance; Internal audit;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- G30 - Financial Economics - - Corporate Finance and Governance - - - General
- M10 - Business Administration and Business Economics; Marketing; Accounting - - Business Administration - - - General
This paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ACC-2011-01-16 (Accounting & Auditing)
- NEP-ALL-2011-01-16 (All new papers)
- NEP-SEA-2011-01-16 (South East Asia)
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Becht, Marco & Bolton, Patrick & Roell, Ailsa, 2003.
"Corporate governance and control,"
Handbook of the Economics of Finance,
in: G.M. Constantinides & M. Harris & R. M. Stulz (ed.), Handbook of the Economics of Finance, edition 1, volume 1, chapter 1, pages 1-109
- Patrick Bolton & Marco Becht & Alisa Röell, 2002. "Corporate Governance and Control," NBER Working Papers 9371, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Marco Becht & Patrick Bolton & Ailsa Röell, 2003. "Corporate governance and control," ULB Institutional Repository 2013/13330, ULB -- Universite Libre de Bruxelles.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Ekkehart Schlicht).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.