Commodity-industry classificationproxy: A correspondence table between SITC revision 2 and ISIC revision 3
AbstractThe correspondence table is one of the important tools in categorizing existing records into different perspective. It helps to understand the pattern of various economic activities from single source of data. Nevertheless, most of the existing correspondence tables have been focusing more on the latest classification and neglect the correspondence for the older version. Since some analysis would require longer series of data, therefore it is necessary to create a correspondence table for the earlier version of classification. This paper devoted to create a correspondence table between SITC Revision 2 and ISIC Revision 3 using a proxy method. The proxy is done using the SITC Rev.2 – SITC Rev.3 correspondence table and the SITC Rev.3 – ISIC Rev.3 correspondence table. This method has capable to directly find an industrial match for more than 98 percent of commodities under SITC Rev.3. For remaining commodities which industrial category cannot be matched directly, the identification was done automatically based on the closest code.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by University Library of Munich, Germany in its series MPRA Paper with number 27626.
Date of creation: Mar 2010
Date of revision:
Commodity; Industry SITC Rev.2; SITC Rev.3; ISIC Rev.3; correspondence table;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- B49 - Schools of Economic Thought and Methodology - - Economic Methodology - - - Other
- C89 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Data Collection and Data Estimation Methodology; Computer Programs - - - Other
This paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2011-01-03 (All new papers)
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Grubel, Herbert G & Lloyd, P J, 1971. "The Empirical Measurement of Intra- Industry Trade," The Economic Record, The Economic Society of Australia, vol. 47(120), pages 494-517, December.
- Brito, Ricardo D. & Chami, Jorge & Souza, Eduardo C., 2012. "The quality-cost choice of R&D in the nations' exports," Insper Working Papers wpe_286, Insper Working Paper, Insper Instituto de Ensino e Pesquisa.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Ekkehart Schlicht).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.