Service Quality of Travel Agents: The Viewpoint of Tourists in Egypt
AbstractGlobalization, liberalization, and the internationalization of services are difficult challenges facing travel agents in Egypt. Thus, service quality is very important to be in competition, it is a key factor in differentiating service products and building a competitive advantage in tourism. The purpose of this study was to assess customers' expectations and perceptions of service provided by travel agents, and to discover how the service factors were related to overall satisfaction. The results of factor analysis suggested five factors derived from 26 attributes affecting service quality, and the result of regression analysis of these five factors of the service quality indicated that overall customer satisfaction was highly affected by resource and corporate image. The study concluded that customers' expectations of service quality exceeded their perceptions, with the tangibility dimensions having the largest gap.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by University Library of Munich, Germany in its series MPRA Paper with number 25388.
Date of creation: 04 Nov 2006
Date of revision: 28 Jan 2007
Publication status: Published in TOURISMOS: An International Multidisciplinary Refereed Journal of Tourism 1.2(2007): pp. 63-87
service quality; perceptions and expectations; SERVQUAL; customer satisfaction;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- O1 - Economic Development, Technological Change, and Growth - - Economic Development
- M1 - Business Administration and Business Economics; Marketing; Accounting - - Business Administration
- L83 - Industrial Organization - - Industry Studies: Services - - - Sports; Gambling; Restaurants; Recreation; Tourism
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Berry, Leonard L. & Zeithaml, Valarie A. & Parasuraman, A., 1985. "Quality counts in services, too," Business Horizons, Elsevier, vol. 28(3), pages 44-52.
- A. E. Fernández Jilberto, 1991. "Introduction," International Journal of Political Economy, M.E. Sharpe, Inc., vol. 21(1), pages 3-9, April.
- Babakus, Emin & Boller, Gregory W., 1992. "An empirical assessment of the SERVQUAL scale," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 24(3), pages 253-268, May.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Ekkehart Schlicht).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.