Estado mínimo, agencias de protección y control territorial
[Minimum State, control agencies and Territorial protection]
AbstractThis article exposes key aspects for the theoretical analysis of the political reality in Colombia in moments of severe derived social uncertainty of the conflict and the fork of serious dilemmas on the institutional order that comes from political campaigns influenced decisively by the paramilitary interests and the intimidating blockade of insurgent groupings and of the organized violence. We present a joint analysis on the dynamics of political power at local level, from borrowed tools of the contemporary political philosophy. In particular from concepts and taken categories of Robert's work Nozick: Anarchy, State, and Utopia (1974). The article understands three analytic units: (1) A description of the protection agencies (2) A model nozickiano of stocks singular low protection agencies (3) An empiric reading of the conflict from MN (the model Nozick). The hypothesis that I will put on approval it is that the analytic defi nition given by Nozick on the minimum State has its own applied metamorphosis to the Colombian case; especially, if we liberate the characteristics that he gives to the emergence of the State, understandingly and we interpret the assimilation that Nozick carries out between Minimum State and Agencies of dominant protection. The basic argument that I sustain will have an indirect relationship with the strategic extension of the groupings that dispute the local political power.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by University Library of Munich, Germany in its series MPRA Paper with number 20172.
Date of creation: 10 Nov 2005
Date of revision: 20 Jan 2010
Colombia; General Economics; Game Theory; Quantitative Methods; Welfare Economics; Analysis of Collective Decision-Making;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- D7 - Microeconomics - - Analysis of Collective Decision-Making
- D74 - Microeconomics - - Analysis of Collective Decision-Making - - - Conflict; Conflict Resolution; Alliances
- A1 - General Economics and Teaching - - General Economics
- B4 - Schools of Economic Thought and Methodology - - Economic Methodology
- C7 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Game Theory and Bargaining Theory
- G0 - Financial Economics - - General
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Fernando Estrada Gallego, 2005. "Dialéctica en la argumentación económica," Revista de Economía Institucional, Universidad Externado de Colombia - Facultad de Economía, vol. 7(12), pages 113-135, January-J.
- Estrada, Fernando, 2011. "Heuristic Schelling: economy of organized crime," MPRA Paper 31306, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Fernando, Estrada, 2013.
"Estado y política pública en Colombia: Un balance desde la teoría política
[State and public policy in Colombia]," MPRA Paper 45223, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Estrada, Fernando, 2011.
"The logic of the violence in the civil war: the armed conflict in Colombia,"
29685, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Estrada G., Fernando, 2011. "The logic of the violence in the civil war: The armed conflict in Colombia," PERFIL DE COYUNTURA ECONÓMICA, UNIVERSIDAD DE ANTIOQUIA - CIE.
- Fernando, Estrada, 2010. "Networks information in the civil wars," MPRA Paper 21644, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Estrada, Fernando, 2010. "Asymmetric information in the civil wars, the Colombian case," MPRA Paper 34972, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised 2011.
- Estrada, Fernando, 2010. "Devouring the Leviathan: fiscal policy and public expenditure in Colombia," MPRA Paper 21981, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Fernando, Estrada & Jorge Ivan, Gonzalez & Alberto, Castrillon & Mauricio, Perez, 2010.
"Problemas fiscales y redistributivos en Colombia
[Redistributive fiscal problems in Colombia]," MPRA Paper 20518, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Fernando, Estrada, 2007.
"La información y el rumor en zonas de conflicto
[The information and rumor in zones of conflict]," MPRA Paper 20344, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Estrada, Fernando, 2009.
"Evolución Estrategica del Conflicto Armado en Colombia
[Strategic Evolution of Armed Conflict in Colombia]," MPRA Paper 19064, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised 07 Dec 2009.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Ekkehart Schlicht).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.