Estado y política pública en Colombia
[State and Public Policy in Colombia]
AbstractOur hypothesis: during the twentieth century governments used state emergency measures to overcome its economic crisis. Such measures did better on the revenue in fiscal expenditures, thereby caused severe imbalances of public policy. It holds that in Colombia there has been no welfare state (welfare state) but a state which relates reductionist proposals "minimum state" in the terms used by Robert Nozick.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by University Library of Munich, Germany in its series MPRA Paper with number 42380.
Date of creation: 2012
Date of revision:
Colombia; Economy; Tax_Power; Economic_crisis; Welfare_state;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- E62 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - Macroeconomic Policy, Macroeconomic Aspects of Public Finance, and General Outlook - - - Fiscal Policy
- D63 - Microeconomics - - Welfare Economics - - - Equity, Justice, Inequality, and Other Normative Criteria and Measurement
- D33 - Microeconomics - - Distribution - - - Factor Income Distribution
- D30 - Microeconomics - - Distribution - - - General
- D60 - Microeconomics - - Welfare Economics - - - General
- H23 - Public Economics - - Taxation, Subsidies, and Revenue - - - Externalities; Redistributive Effects; Environmental Taxes and Subsidies
- H26 - Public Economics - - Taxation, Subsidies, and Revenue - - - Tax Evasion
This paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Homero Cuevas, 1998. "Proceso político y bienestar social," Books, Universidad Externado de Colombia, Facultad de Economía, edition 1, volume 1, number 39, April.
- Casarico, Alessandra & Carlo Devillanova, 2003.
"Capital-skill Complementarity and the Redistributive Effects of Social Security Reform,"
Royal Economic Society Annual Conference 2003
38, Royal Economic Society.
- Casarico, Alessandra & Devillanova, Carlo, 2008. "Capital-skill complementarity and the redistributive effects of Social Security Reform," Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 92(3-4), pages 672-683, April.
- Alessandra Casarico & Carlo Devillanova, 2003. "Capital-skill Complementarity and the Redistributive Effects of Social Security Reform," CESifo Working Paper Series 1038, CESifo Group Munich.
- Casarico, Alessandra & Devillanova, Carlo, 2003. "Capital-Skill Complementarity and the Redistributive Effects of Social Security Reform," CEPR Discussion Papers 3773, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Ekkehart Schlicht).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.