La educación superior en Colombia y la teoría de los costos de transacción política
AbstractThis essay argues how the structure of higher education in Colombia is a reflection of a dependent organizational political contract with tenuous advances on independence. Therefore, its implementation requires higher cost in terms of political transaction compared with a contract of interdependent nature. This leads to an unequal distribution of quality and an unequal coverage, because it will favour mature institutions of higher education located in Bogotá, Medellín, Cali and Bucaramanga, over emergent institutions. Professor Peña justify normatively a new contract, and propose a policy with emphasis in connectivity, its formulation and implementation would reduce the costs of political transaction and the inequity without too much sacrifice in the efficiency.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Universidad Externado de Colombia - Facultad de Economía in its journal Revista de Economía Institucional.
Volume (Year): 6 (2004)
Issue (Month): 11 (July-December)
Contact details of provider:
Postal: Cra. 1 No. 12-68 Casa de las Mandolinas
Phone: (571) 2826066 Ext. 1307
Fax: (571) 2826066 Ext. 1304
Web page: http://www.economiainstitucional.com
More information through EDIRC
political transaction costs; public policies; higher education; organizational behaviour; interorganizational cooperation;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- I28 - Health, Education, and Welfare - - Education - - - Government Policy
- D63 - Microeconomics - - Welfare Economics - - - Equity, Justice, Inequality, and Other Normative Criteria and Measurement
- D78 - Microeconomics - - Analysis of Collective Decision-Making - - - Positive Analysis of Policy Formulation and Implementation
- L14 - Industrial Organization - - Market Structure, Firm Strategy, and Market Performance - - - Transactional Relationships; Contracts and Reputation
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Pretty, Jules & Ward, Hugh, 2001. "Social Capital and the Environment," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 29(2), pages 209-227, February.
- Steven Cohen, 2001. "Marco conceptual para delegar la responsabilidad y las funciones del gobierno al sector privado," Revista de Economía Institucional, Universidad Externado de Colombia - Facultad de Economía, vol. 3(4), pages 13-31, January-J.
- Homero Cuevas, 1998. "Proceso político y bienestar social," Books, Universidad Externado de Colombia, Facultad de Economía, edition 1, volume 1, number 39, April.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Paola Rodríguez).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.