Sencillez y explicación en la teoría económica
[Simplicity and explanation in the economic theory]
AbstractThe present paper, following the philosophical work of Robert Nozick, intends to develop the approach of simplicity in the economic investigation. This purpose contributes to structure a heuristic for projects of investigation that can serve like mark of discussion of grade projects in the departments of economy. The objective is the philosophy of the economy. We develop the following aspects basically: (1) An elucidation of the approach of simplicity in the academic investigation (2) Arguments in favor of the simplicity in the classic tradition from Adam Smith (3) An illustration of the pattern of explanation economic type invisible hand (4) We argue in favor of continuing with this focus
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by University Library of Munich, Germany in its series MPRA Paper with number 20669.
Date of creation: 2010
Date of revision:
Heuristics; philosophy; epistemology; economic history.;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- D7 - Microeconomics - - Analysis of Collective Decision-Making
- D81 - Microeconomics - - Information, Knowledge, and Uncertainty - - - Criteria for Decision-Making under Risk and Uncertainty
- A1 - General Economics and Teaching - - General Economics
- A12 - General Economics and Teaching - - General Economics - - - Relation of Economics to Other Disciplines
- B4 - Schools of Economic Thought and Methodology - - Economic Methodology
- A2 - General Economics and Teaching - - Economic Education and Teaching of Economics
- C7 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Game Theory and Bargaining Theory
- B41 - Schools of Economic Thought and Methodology - - Economic Methodology - - - Economic Methodology
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Fernando Estrada Gallego, 2005. "Dialéctica en la argumentación económica," Revista de Economía Institucional, Universidad Externado de Colombia - Facultad de Economía, vol. 7(12), pages 113-135, January-J.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Ekkehart Schlicht).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.