Manipulation in oligopoly
AbstractThe purpose of this paper is to generalize the results obtained by Sklivas (1987) and Fershtman and Judd (1987) allowing for non-linear demand functions, many players and general attitudes to the risk by the players. We also generalize their set-up by introducing a more general measure of th aggresivity of players in the second stage of the game.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by University Library of Munich, Germany in its series MPRA Paper with number 20073.
Date of creation: 1994
Date of revision:
Incentives; Manager; Strategic Substitutes; Strategic Complements; Two Stage Games;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- L21 - Industrial Organization - - Firm Objectives, Organization, and Behavior - - - Business Objectives of the Firm
- L13 - Industrial Organization - - Market Structure, Firm Strategy, and Market Performance - - - Oligopoly and Other Imperfect Markets
- D78 - Microeconomics - - Analysis of Collective Decision-Making - - - Positive Analysis of Policy-Making and Implementation
- M52 - Business Administration and Business Economics; Marketing; Accounting - - Personnel Economics - - - Compensation and Compensation Methods and Their Effects
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Vickers, John, 1985. "Delegation and the Theory of the Firm," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 95(380a), pages 138-47, Supplemen.
- Corchon, Luis, 1990.
"On natural selection in oligopolistic markets,"
18734, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Corchón, Luis C., . "On Natural Selection in Oligopolistic Markets," Open Access publications from Universidad Carlos III de Madrid info:hdl:10016/4365, Universidad Carlos III de Madrid.
- Corchon, L.C., 1990. "On Natural Selection in Oligopolistic Markets," Papers 32, Universidad de Alicante - Fundamentos de Analisis Economico.
- Corchón, Luis C., . "Algunos Teoremas de la Organización Industrial Clásica," Open Access publications from Universidad Carlos III de Madrid info:hdl:10016/5681, Universidad Carlos III de Madrid.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Ekkehart Schlicht).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.