Reformes Monétaires Et Croissance Économique En Zone Cemac
[Monetary Reforms And Economic Growth In Cemac Zone]
AbstractThe aim of this study is to analyse the effects of monetary reform on economic growth in the CEMAC zone. Indeed, in 16th October 1990, the governments concerned liberalised the financial sector, softened their monetary policies, restructured the banks and adopted new prudential regulation within the context of structural adjustment plans recommended by the Bretton Wood institutions. In this way, we assess the impact of monetary liberalization policy on economic growth during the period 1990-2003. Using recent panel data regressions, the results exhibit a mitigated effect of the relation between the monetary liberalization policy and the economic growth a long run. Thus, one can imagine the possibility to implement the important conditions of the success of monetary reform.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by University Library of Munich, Germany in its series MPRA Paper with number 19621.
Date of creation: 27 Dec 2009
Date of revision:
economic growth monetary reform monetary policy CEMAC panel data;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- E52 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - Monetary Policy, Central Banking, and the Supply of Money and Credit - - - Monetary Policy
- F43 - International Economics - - Macroeconomic Aspects of International Trade and Finance - - - Economic Growth of Open Economies
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Andrew K. Rose, 2000. "One money, one market: the effect of common currencies on trade," Economic Policy, CEPR & CES & MSH, vol. 15(30), pages 7-46, 04.
- David H. Romer & Jeffrey A. Frankel, 1999. "Does Trade Cause Growth?," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 89(3), pages 379-399, June.
- Roe, Alan R & Sowa, Nii K, 1997. "From Direct to Indirect Monetary Control in Sub-Saharan Africa," Journal of African Economies, Centre for the Study of African Economies (CSAE), vol. 6(1), pages 212-64, March.
- N. Gregory Mankiw & David Romer & David N. Weil, 1992.
"A Contribution to the Empirics of Economic Growth,"
NBER Working Papers
3541, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Daniel L. Thornton, 2003. "How effective is monetary policy?," Monetary Trends, Federal Reserve Bank of St. Louis, issue Jan.
- Ali F. Darrat, 1984. "The Dominant Influence of Fiscal Actions in Developing Countries," Eastern Economic Journal, Eastern Economic Association, vol. 10(3), pages 271-284, Jul-Sep.
- Bekaert, Geert & Harvey, Campbell R. & Lundblad, Christian, 2005.
"Does financial liberalization spur growth?,"
Journal of Financial Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 77(1), pages 3-55, July.
- Geert Bekaert & Campbell R. Harvey & Christian Lundblad, 2004. "Does Financial Liberalization Spur Growth?," Working Paper Research 53, National Bank of Belgium.
- Geert Bekaert & Campbell R. Harvey & Christian Lundblad, 2001. "Does Financial Liberalization Spur Growth?," NBER Working Papers 8245, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Jean-Paul AZAM & Jean-Claude BERTHELEMY & Stéphane CALIPEL, 1996.
"Risque politique et croissance en Afrique,"
- Stéphane Calipel & Jean-Paul Azam & Jean-Claude Berthélemy, 1996. "Risque politique et croissance en Afrique," Revue économique, Presses de Sciences-Po, vol. 0(3), pages 819-829.
- Jean-Paul Azam & Jean-Claude Berthélemy & Stéphane Calipel, 1996. "Risque politique et croissance en Afrique," Revue Économique, Programme National Persée, vol. 47(3), pages 819-829.
- Dallas S. Batten & R. W. Hafer, 1983. "The relative impact of monetary and fiscal actions on economic activity: a cross-country comparison," Review, Federal Reserve Bank of St. Louis, issue Jan, pages 5-12.
- repec:fip:fedlps:y:2002:x:5 is not listed on IDEAS
- William Poole, 2002. "Financial stability," Review, Federal Reserve Bank of St. Louis, issue Sep, pages 1-8.
- Jeremy Piger, 2003. "Pushing on a string," Monetary Trends, Federal Reserve Bank of St. Louis, issue Mar.
- Savvides, Andreas, 1995. "Economic growth in Africa," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 23(3), pages 449-458, March.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Ekkehart Schlicht).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.