The Equilibrium Real Exchange Rate: Evidence from Turkey
AbstractThe aim of this paper is to scrutinize whether the equilibrium exchange rate framework could contribute to the understanding of misalignments in the real exchange rate in Turkey and whether this could be used as a guideline for policy interventions by the monetary authorities. Estimation results indicate the relevance of the equilibrium real exchange rate model for Turkey.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by University Library of Munich, Germany in its series MPRA Paper with number 1924.
Date of creation: 1999
Date of revision:
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- F31 - International Economics - - International Finance - - - Foreign Exchange
- C32 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Multiple or Simultaneous Equation Models; Multiple Variables - - - Time-Series Models; Dynamic Quantile Regressions; Dynamic Treatment Effect Models
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Menzie D. Chinn, 1998.
"Before the Fall: Were East Asian Currencies Overvalued?,"
NBER Working Papers
6491, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Chinn, Menzie D., 2000. "Before the fall: were East Asian currencies overvalued?," Emerging Markets Review, Elsevier, vol. 1(2), pages 101-126, September.
- Steven A. Symansky & Peter B. Clark & Leonardo Bartolini & Tamim Bayoumi, 1994. "Exchange Rates and Economic Fundamentals: A Framework for Analysis," IMF Occasional Papers 115, International Monetary Fund.
- Martine Guerguil & Martin David Kaufman, 1998. "Competitiveness and the Evolution of the Real Exchange Rate in Chile," IMF Working Papers 98/58, International Monetary Fund.
- Tarhan Feyzioglu, 1997. "Estimating the Equilibrium Real Exchange Rate - An Application to Finland," IMF Working Papers 97/109, International Monetary Fund.
- Johansen, Soren, 1988. "Statistical analysis of cointegration vectors," Journal of Economic Dynamics and Control, Elsevier, vol. 12(2-3), pages 231-254.
- Dağdeviren, Sengül & Ogus Binatli, Ayla & Sohrabji, Niloufer, 2011.
"Misalignment under different exchange rate regimes: the case of Turkey,"
46774, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Sengül Dagdeviren & Ayla Ogu? Binatli & Niloufer Sohrabji, 2012. "Misalignment Under Different Exchange Rate Regimes: the Case of Turkey," Economie Internationale, CEPII research center, issue 130, pages 81-98.
- Hernando Vargas Herrera & Carlos Varela, 2008. "Capital Flows and Financial Assets in Colombia: Recent Behavior, Consequences and Challenges for the Central Bank," BORRADORES DE ECONOMIA 004588, BANCO DE LA REPÚBLICA.
- Deniz Atasoy & Sweta C. Saxena, 2006.
"Misaligned? Overvalued?. The Untold Story of the Turkish Lira,"
Emerging Markets Finance and Trade,
M.E. Sharpe, Inc., vol. 42(3), pages 29-45, May.
- Deniz Atasoy & Sweta C. Saxena, 2005. "Misaligned? Overvalued? The Untold Story of the Turkish Lira," International Finance 0508002, EconWPA.
- Hernando Vargas & Carlos Varela, 2008. "Capital flows and financial assets in Colombia: recent behaviour, consequences and challenges for the central bank," BIS Papers chapters, in: Bank for International Settlements (ed.), Financial globalisation and emerging market capital flows, volume 44, pages 153-184 Bank for International Settlements.
- Aykut Kibritcioglu & Bengi Kibritcioglu, 2004. "Real Exchange Rate Misalignment in Turkey, 1987-2003 (in Turkish)," Macroeconomics 0403006, EconWPA, revised 09 Mar 2004.
- Sossounov, Kirill & Ushakov, Nikolay, 2009. "Determination of the real exchange rate of rouble and assessment of long-rum policy of real exchange rate targeting," MPRA Paper 18549, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Ayla Ogus & Niloufer Sohrabji, 2009. "Elasticities of Turkish Exports and Imports," Working Papers 0906, Izmir University of Economics.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Ekkehart Schlicht).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.