The Effects of Monetary Policy Shocks on Exchange Rates: A Structural Vector Error Correction Model Approach
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by Ohio State University, Department of Economics in its series Working Papers with number 01-02.
Date of creation: Mar 2001
Date of revision:
Contact details of provider:
Postal: 410 Arps Hall 1945 North High Street Columbus, Ohio 43210-1172
Other versions of this item:
- Jang, Kyungho & Ogaki, Masao, 2004. "The effects of monetary policy shocks on exchange rates: A structural vector error correction model approach," Journal of the Japanese and International Economies, Elsevier, vol. 18(1), pages 99-114, March.
- NEP-ALL-2001-09-10 (All new papers)
- NEP-ETS-2001-09-10 (Econometric Time Series)
- NEP-IFN-2001-09-10 (International Finance)
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Christopher A. Sims & Tao Zha, 1999.
"Error Bands for Impulse Responses,"
Econometric Society, vol. 67(5), pages 1113-1156, September.
- Christopher A. Sims & Tao Zha, 1994. "Error Bands for Impulse Responses," Cowles Foundation Discussion Papers 1085, Cowles Foundation for Research in Economics, Yale University.
- Tom Doan, . "RATS programs to replicate Sims and Zha(1999) "Error Bands for Impulse Responses"," Statistical Software Components RTZ00145, Boston College Department of Economics.
- Christopher A. Sims & Tao Zha, 1995. "Error bands for impulse responses," Working Paper 95-6, Federal Reserve Bank of Atlanta.
- Robert G. King & Charles I. Plosser & James H. Stock & Mark W. Watson, 1991.
"Stochastic trends and economic fluctuations,"
Working Paper Series, Macroeconomic Issues
91-4, Federal Reserve Bank of Chicago.
- Christiano, Lawrence J. & Eichenbaum, Martin & Evans, Charles L., 1999.
"Monetary policy shocks: What have we learned and to what end?,"
Handbook of Macroeconomics,
in: J. B. Taylor & M. Woodford (ed.), Handbook of Macroeconomics, edition 1, volume 1, chapter 2, pages 65-148
- Lawrence J. Christiano & Martin Eichenbaum & Charles L. Evans, 1997. "Monetary policy shocks: what have we learned and to what end?," Working Paper Series, Macroeconomic Issues WP-97-18, Federal Reserve Bank of Chicago.
- Lawrence J. Christiano & Martin Eichenbaum & Charles L. Evans, 1998. "Monetary Policy Shocks: What Have We Learned and to What End?," NBER Working Papers 6400, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Ogaki, Masao & Park, Joon Y., 1997.
"A cointegration approach to estimating preference parameters,"
Journal of Econometrics,
Elsevier, vol. 82(1), pages 107-134.
- Ogaki, M. & Park, Y.Y., 1989. "A Cointegration Approach To Estimating Preference Parameters," RCER Working Papers 209, University of Rochester - Center for Economic Research (RCER).
- Eichenbaum, Martin & Evans, Charles L, 1995. "Some Empirical Evidence on the Effects of Shocks to Monetary Policy on Exchange Rates," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, MIT Press, vol. 110(4), pages 975-1009, November.
- Engle, Robert F & Granger, Clive W J, 1987. "Co-integration and Error Correction: Representation, Estimation, and Testing," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 55(2), pages 251-76, March.
- Faust, Jon & Leeper, Eric M, 1997.
"When Do Long-Run Identifying Restrictions Give Reliable Results?,"
Journal of Business & Economic Statistics,
American Statistical Association, vol. 15(3), pages 345-53, July.
- Jon Faust & Eric M. Leeper, 1994. "When do long-run identifying restrictions give reliable results?," International Finance Discussion Papers 462, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.).
- Jon Faust & Eric M. Leeper, 1994. "When do long-run identifying restrictions give reliable results?," Working Paper 94-2, Federal Reserve Bank of Atlanta.
- Tom Doan, . "RATS programs to replicate Faust and Leeper JBES 1997 paper," Statistical Software Components RTZ00058, Boston College Department of Economics.
- Lutz Kilian, 1998. "Small-Sample Confidence Intervals For Impulse Response Functions," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 80(2), pages 218-230, May.
- Fisher, Lance A. & Fackler, Paul L. & Orden, David, 1995.
"Long-run identifying restrictions for an error-correction model of New Zealand money, prices and output,"
Journal of International Money and Finance,
Elsevier, vol. 14(1), pages 127-147, February.
- Fisher, L. & Fackler, P. & Orden, D., 1992. "Long-Run Identifying Restrictions for an Error-Correction Model of New Zealand Money, Prices and Output," Papers 92-27, New South Wales - School of Economics.
- Lutkepohl, Helmut, 1990. "Asymptotic Distributions of Impulse Response Functions and Forecast Error Variance Decompositions of Vector Autoregressive Models," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 72(1), pages 116-25, February.
- Lutkepohl, Helmut & Reimers, Hans-Eggert, 1992. "Impulse response analysis of cointegrated systems," Journal of Economic Dynamics and Control, Elsevier, vol. 16(1), pages 53-78, January.
- Dornbusch, Rudiger, 1976. "Expectations and Exchange Rate Dynamics," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 84(6), pages 1161-76, December.
- Kalyvitis, Sarantis & Skotida, Ifigeneia, 2010.
"Some empirical evidence on the effects of U.S. monetary policy shocks on cross exchange rates,"
The Quarterly Review of Economics and Finance,
Elsevier, vol. 50(3), pages 386-394, August.
- Sarantis Kalyvitis & Ifigeneia Skotida, 2008. "Some Empirical Evidence on the Effects of U.S. Monetary Policy Shocks on Cross Exchange Rates," Working Papers 65, Bank of Greece.
- Ralf Brüggemann, 2006. "Finite Sample Properties of Impulse Response Intervals in SVECMs with Long-Run Identifying Restrictions," SFB 649 Discussion Papers SFB649DP2006-021, Sonderforschungsbereich 649, Humboldt University, Berlin, Germany.
- Burger, Kees & Smit, Hidde & Vogelvang, Ben, 2002. "Exchange Rates and Natural Rubber Prices, the Effect of the Asian Crisis," 2002 International Congress, August 28-31, 2002, Zaragoza, Spain 24958, European Association of Agricultural Economists.
- M. Berument & Selahattin Togay & Afsin Sahin, 2011.
"Identifying the Liquidity Effects of Monetary Policy Shocks for a Small Open Economy: Turkey,"
Open Economies Review,
Springer, vol. 22(4), pages 649-667, September.
- Berument, Hakan & Togay, Selahattin & Sahin, Afsin, 2011. "Identifying the Liquidity Effects of Monetary Policy Shocks For a Small Open Economy: Turkey," MPRA Paper 46883, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Eiji Ogawa & Kentaro Iwatsubo, 2009.
"External Adjustments and Coordinated Exchange Rate Policy in Asia,"
Global COE Hi-Stat Discussion Paper Series
gd08-048, Institute of Economic Research, Hitotsubashi University.
- Ogawa, Eiji & Iwatsubo, Kentaro, 2009. "External adjustments and coordinated exchange rate policy in Asia," Journal of Asian Economics, Elsevier, vol. 20(3), pages 225-239, May.
- Ivrendi, Mehmet & Guloglu, Bulent, 2010. "Monetary shocks, exchange rates and trade balances: Evidence from inflation targeting countries," Economic Modelling, Elsevier, vol. 27(5), pages 1144-1155, September.
- Jang, Kyungho, 2006. "An alternative approach to estimation of structural vector error correction models with long-run restrictions," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 90(1), pages 126-131, January.
- Mehrotra, Aaron, 2005.
"Exchange and interest rate channels during a deflationary era - Evidence from Japan, Hong Kong and China,"
BOFIT Discussion Papers
17/2005, Bank of Finland, Institute for Economies in Transition.
- Mehrotra, Aaron N., 2007. "Exchange and interest rate channels during a deflationary era--Evidence from Japan, Hong Kong and China," Journal of Comparative Economics, Elsevier, vol. 35(1), pages 188-210, March.
- Kyungho Jang, 2001. "Impulse Response Analysis with Long Run Restrictions on Error Correction Models," Working Papers 01-04, Ohio State University, Department of Economics.
- Astorga, Pablo, 2012.
"Mean reversion in long-horizon real exchange rates: Evidence from Latin America,"
Journal of International Money and Finance,
Elsevier, vol. 31(6), pages 1529-1550.
- Pablo Astorga, 2010. "Mean Reversion in Long-Horizon Real Exchange Rates: Evidence from Latin America," Economics Series Working Papers Number 80, University of Oxford, Department of Economics.
- Pablo Astorga, 2010. "Mean Reversion in Long-Horizon Real Exchange Rates: Evidence from Latin America," Oxford University Economic and Social History Series _080, Economics Group, Nuffield College, University of Oxford.
- Barhoumi, Karim, 2006. "Exchange Rate Pass-Through and Structural Macroeconomic Shocks in Developing Countries: An Empirical Investigation," MPRA Paper 6573, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised 13 Oct 2007.
- Narayan, Paresh Kumar, 2008. "Estimating exchange rate responsiveness to shocks," Review of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 17(4), pages 338-351, December.
- Mau-Ting Lin, 2004. "Measuring the effect of money: test, estimation and identification," Money Macro and Finance (MMF) Research Group Conference 2003 53, Money Macro and Finance Research Group.
- Krusec, Dejan, 2010. "The "price puzzle" in the monetary transmission VARs with long-run restrictions," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 106(3), pages 147-150, March.
- Pippenger, John, 2008. "Freely Floating Exchange Rates Do Not Systematically Overshoot," University of California at Santa Barbara, Economics Working Paper Series qt97m8z6hw, Department of Economics, UC Santa Barbara.
- Jaebeom Kim & Masao Ogaki & Minseok Yang, 2003. "Structural Error Correction Models: Instrumental Variables Methods and an application to an exchange rate model," RCER Working Papers 502, University of Rochester - Center for Economic Research (RCER).
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (John Slaughter).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.