Non-Trivial Equilibrium in an Economy With Stochastic Rationing
AbstractStochastic rationing when the market does not clear draws attention because both Dreze (1975) and Benassy (1975) quantity-constrained equilibria have some undesirable features. Gale (1978)gave the existence proof of trade under uncertainty. His stochastic rationing depends on all the individual effective demands. It is too vague to characterize a rationing mechanism. Moreover, his assumption to ensure a non-trivial equilibrium is economically not clear. In this paper we extend Green (1978) to characterizing the rationing scheme as the individual effective demand times the rationing number which is a function of the aggregate quantity signals. We also construct an economy with money and overlapping generations. We show the existence of the non-trivial equilibrium and provide an example of a non-Wairasian equilibrium at the Walrasian equilibrium prices.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc in its series NBER Working Papers with number 0322.
Date of creation: Feb 1979
Date of revision:
Contact details of provider:
Postal: National Bureau of Economic Research, 1050 Massachusetts Avenue Cambridge, MA 02138, U.S.A.
Web page: http://www.nber.org
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Grandmont, Jean-Michel, 1972. "Continuity properties of a von Neumann-Morgenstern utility," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 4(1), pages 45-57, February.
- Heller, Walter Perrin & Starr, Ross M, 1979. "Unemployment Equilibrium with Myopic Complete Information," Review of Economic Studies, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 46(2), pages 339-59, April.
- Benassy Jean-pascal, 1974.
"Neokeynesian disequilibrium theory in a monetary economy,"
CEPREMAP Working Papers (Couverture Orange)
- Benassy, Jean-Pascal, 1975. "Neo-Keynesian Disequilibrium Theory in a Monetary Economy," Review of Economic Studies, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 42(4), pages 503-23, October.
- GRANDMONT, Jean-Michel & HILDENBRAND, Werner, .
"Stochastic processes of temporary equilibria,"
CORE Discussion Papers RP
-206, Université catholique de Louvain, Center for Operations Research and Econometrics (CORE).
- Fuchs, Gerard & Laroque, Guy, 1976. "Dynamics of Temporary Equilibria and Expectations," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 44(6), pages 1157-78, November.
- Bohm, Volker, 1978. "Disequilibrium dynamics in a simple macroeconomic model," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 17(2), pages 179-199, April.
- Fuchs, Gerard, 1977. "Formation of expectations : A model in temporary general equilibrium theory," Journal of Mathematical Economics, Elsevier, vol. 4(2), pages 167-187, August.
- Fuchs, Gerard, 1976. "Asymptotic stability of stationary temporary equilibria and changes in expectations," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 13(2), pages 201-216, October.
- GRANDMONT, Jean-Michel & LAROQUE, Guy, .
"Money in the pure consumption loan model,"
CORE Discussion Papers RP
-152, Université catholique de Louvain, Center for Operations Research and Econometrics (CORE).
- Green, Jerry R & Majumdar, Mukul, 1975. "The Nature of Stochastic Equilibria," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 43(4), pages 647-60, July.
- Seppo Honkapohja & Takatoshi Ito, 1979. "A Stochastic Approach to Disequilibrium Macroeconomics," NBER Technical Working Papers 0001, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Weinrich, Gerd, 1984. "Les effets du changement du taux de salaire dans un état de chômage keynésien avec rationnement stochastique," L'Actualité Economique, Société Canadienne de Science Economique, vol. 60(4), pages 452-470, dÃ©cembre.
- Takatoshi Ito, 1979. "A Note on Stochastic Rationing Mechanisms," NBER Working Papers 0313, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: ().
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.