Financial Market Volatility and Primary Placements
AbstractThis paper studies empirically the link between financial markets volatility and primary placements of stocks and bonds for the US economy. We find that the impact of volatility on primary placements is not statistically significant.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by University of Milano-Bicocca, Department of Economics in its series Working Papers with number 156.
Length: 10 pages
Date of creation: Feb 2009
Date of revision: Feb 2009
Financial risk; Primary placements;
Other versions of this item:
- Casalin, Fabrizio & Dia, Enzo, 2009. "Financial market volatility and primary placements," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 105(3), pages 284-286, December.
- G32 - Financial Economics - - Corporate Finance and Governance - - - Financing Policy; Financial Risk and Risk Management; Capital and Ownership Structure; Value of Firms; Goodwill
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Blanchard, Olivier & Rhee, Changyong & Summers, Lawrence, 1993.
"The Stock Market, Profit, and Investment,"
The Quarterly Journal of Economics,
MIT Press, vol. 108(1), pages 115-36, February.
- Olivier Blanchard & Changyong Rhee & Lawrence Summers, 1990. "The Stock Market, Profit and Investment," NBER Working Papers 3370, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Blanchard, O. & Rhee, C. & Summers, L., 1990. "The Stock Market, Profit And Investment," RCER Working Papers 233, University of Rochester - Center for Economic Research (RCER).
- Ivo Welch, 2004.
"Capital Structure and Stock Returns,"
Journal of Political Economy,
University of Chicago Press, vol. 112(1), pages 106-131, February.
- Chirinko, Robert S. & Schaller, Huntley, 1996.
"Bubbles, fundamentals, and investment: A multiple equation testing strategy,"
Journal of Monetary Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 38(1), pages 47-76, August.
- Robert S. Chirinko & Huntley Schaller, 1993. "Bubbles, fundamentals, and investment: a multiple equation testing strategy," Research Working Paper 93-03, Federal Reserve Bank of Kansas City.
- Huntley Schaller & Robert Chirinko, 1993. "Bubbles, Fundamentals, and Investment: A Multiple Equation Testing Strategy," Carleton Economic Papers 93-08, Carleton University, Department of Economics, revised Aug 1996.
- G. William Schwert, 2001.
"Stock Volatility in the New Millennium: How Wacky Is Nasdaq?,"
NBER Working Papers
8436, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- William Schwert, G., 2002. "Stock volatility in the new millennium: how wacky is Nasdaq?," Journal of Monetary Economics, Elsevier, vol. 49(1), pages 3-26, January.
- William Schwert, G., 1989. "Business cycles, financial crises, and stock volatility : Reply to Shiller," Carnegie-Rochester Conference Series on Public Policy, Elsevier, vol. 31(1), pages 133-137, January.
- G. William Schwert, 1990.
"Business Cycles, Financial Crises, and Stock Volatility,"
NBER Working Papers
2957, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Schwert, G. William, 1989. "Business cycles, financial crises, and stock volatility," Carnegie-Rochester Conference Series on Public Policy, Elsevier, vol. 31(1), pages 83-125, January.
- Schwert, G.W., 1988. "Business Cycles, Financial Crises And Stock Volatility," Papers 88-06, Rochester, Business - General.
- Chou, Ray Yeutien, 1988. "Volatility Persistence and Stock Valuations: Some Empirical Evidence Using Garch," Journal of Applied Econometrics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 3(4), pages 279-94, October-D.
- French, Kenneth R. & Schwert, G. William & Stambaugh, Robert F., 1987. "Expected stock returns and volatility," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 19(1), pages 3-29, September.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Roberto Reale).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.