Can European Economics Compete with U.S. Economics? And Should It?
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by Middlebury College, Department of Economics in its series Middlebury College Working Paper Series with number 1039.
Length: 20 pages
Date of creation: Oct 2010
Date of revision:
Contact details of provider:
Other versions of this item:
- David Colander, 2009. "Can European Economics Compete with U.S. Economics? And Should It"," Middlebury College Working Paper Series 0902, Middlebury College, Department of Economics.
- NEP-ALL-2010-11-06 (All new papers)
- NEP-CBA-2010-11-06 (Central Banking)
- NEP-EEC-2010-11-06 (European Economics)
- NEP-EUR-2010-11-06 (Microeconomic European Issues)
- NEP-HPE-2010-11-06 (History & Philosophy of Economics)
- NEP-PKE-2010-11-06 (Post Keynesian Economics)
- NEP-SOG-2010-11-06 (Sociology of Economics)
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- David Colander & Richard Holt & Barkley Rosser, 2004.
"The changing face of mainstream economics,"
Review of Political Economy,
Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 16(4), pages 485-499.
- Tom Coupé, 2003. "Revealed Performances: Worldwide Rankings of Economists and Economics Departments, 1990-2000," Journal of the European Economic Association, MIT Press, vol. 1(6), pages 1309-1345, December.
- David Colander, 2008.
"The Making of a Global European Economist,"
Wiley Blackwell, vol. 61(2), pages 215-236, 05.
- Colander, David, 1989. "Research on the Economics Profession," Journal of Economic Perspectives, American Economic Association, vol. 3(4), pages 137-48, Fall.
- Colander, David, 2003.
"The Aging of an Economist,"
Journal of the History of Economic Thought,
Cambridge University Press, vol. 25(02), pages 157-176, June.
- Christian Zimmermann, 2007.
"Academic Rankings with RePEc,"
2007-36, University of Connecticut, Department of Economics, revised Mar 2009.
- David Colander & Hugo Nopo Key Words: Latin American economics, global economics, political economy, graduate training, Latin America, applied economics, 2007. "The Making of a Latin American Global Economist," Middlebury College Working Paper Series 0705, Middlebury College, Department of Economics.
- Bruno S. Frey & Reiner Eichenberger, 1993. "American and European Economics and Economists," Journal of Economic Perspectives, American Economic Association, vol. 7(4), pages 185-193, Fall.
- Kalaitzidakis, Pantelis & Mamuneas, Theofanis P. & Stengos, Thanasis, 1999. "European economics: An analysis based on publications in the core journals," European Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 43(4-6), pages 1150-1168, April.
- Frey, Bruno S & Eichenberger, Reiner, 1992. "Economics and Economists: A European Perspective," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 82(2), pages 216-20, May.
- Terry Plum & David Colander, 2004. "Efficiency, Journal Publishing and Scholarly Research - A Discussion Paper," Middlebury College Working Paper Series 0414, Middlebury College, Department of Economics.
Blog mentionsAs found by EconAcademics.org, the blog aggregator for Economics research:
- David Colanders take on whats wrong with modern macro
by Nicholas Gruen in Club Troppo on 2010-11-12 12:19:24
- Marcella Corsi & Carlo D'Ippoliti & Federico Lucidi, 2011.
"On the Evaluation of Economic Research: the Case of Italy,"
DULBEA Working Papers
11-04, ULB -- Universite Libre de Bruxelles.
- Corsi Marcella & D'Ippoliti Carlo & Lucidi Federico, 2011. "On the Evaluation of Economic Research: The Case of Italy," Economia politica, Società editrice il Mulino, issue 3, pages 369-402.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Vijaya Wunnava).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.