European Industrial Policy: The Airbus Case
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by Université de Lausanne, Faculté des HEC, DEEP in its series Cahiers de Recherches Economiques du Département d'Econométrie et d'Economie politique (DEEP) with number 9509.
Length: 60 pages
Date of creation: Jun 1995
Date of revision:
Publication status: Published in Economic Policy, Vol. 0 (21), October 95, pp. 314-344
Contact details of provider:
Postal: Université de Lausanne, Faculté des HEC, DEEP, Internef, CH-1015 Lausanne
Phone: ++41 21 692.33.64
Fax: ++41 21 692.33.05
Web page: http://www.hec.unil.ch/deep/publications/cahiers/series
More information through EDIRC
industrial policy; airframe industry; calibration;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- L10 - Industrial Organization - - Market Structure, Firm Strategy, and Market Performance - - - General
- L50 - Industrial Organization - - Regulation and Industrial Policy - - - General
- L62 - Industrial Organization - - Industry Studies: Manufacturing - - - Automobiles; Other Transportation Equipment
This paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2001-09-10 (All new papers)
- NEP-EEC-2001-09-10 (European Economics)
- NEP-TID-2001-09-10 (Technology & Industrial Dynamics)
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Klepper, Gernot, 1990. "Entry into the market for large transport aircraft," European Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 34(4), pages 775-798, June.
- Matutes, Carmen & Regibeau, Pierre, 1996. "A selective review of the economics of standardization. Entry deterrence, technological progress and international competition," European Journal of Political Economy, Elsevier, vol. 12(2), pages 183-209, September.
- James A. Brander & Barbara J. Spencer, 1984.
"Export Subsidies and International Market Share Rivalry,"
NBER Working Papers
1464, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Brander, James A. & Spencer, Barbara J., 1985. "Export subsidies and international market share rivalry," Journal of International Economics, Elsevier, vol. 18(1-2), pages 83-100, February.
- Richard Baldwin & Harry Flam, 1989. "Strategic trade policies in the market for 30–40 seat commuter aircraft," Review of World Economics (Weltwirtschaftliches Archiv), Springer, vol. 125(3), pages 484-500, September.
- Richard E. Baldwin & Paul Krugman, 1986. "Market Access and International Competition: A Simulation Study of 16K Random Access Memories," NBER Working Papers 1936, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Richard Baldwin & Paul Krugman, 1988. "Industrial Policy and International Competition in Wide-Bodied Jet Aircraft," NBER Chapters, in: Trade Policy Issues and Empirical Analysis, pages 45-78 National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Dixit, Avinash K & Kyle, Albert S, 1985. "The Use of Protection and Subsidies for Entry Promotion and Deterrence," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 75(1), pages 139-52, March.
- Cécile Aubert & Oliver Falck & Stephan Heblich, 2008. "Subsidizing National Champions: An Evolutionary Perspective," CESifo Working Paper Series 2380, CESifo Group Munich.
- Irwin, Douglas & Pavcnik, Nina, 2003.
"Airbus versus Boeing Revisited: International Competition in the Aircraft Market,"
CEPR Discussion Papers
3876, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Irwin, Douglas A. & Pavcnik, Nina, 2004. "Airbus versus Boeing revisited: international competition in the aircraft market," Journal of International Economics, Elsevier, vol. 64(2), pages 223-245, December.
- Douglas A. Irwin & Nina Pavcnik, 2001. "Airbus versus Boeing Revisited: International Competition in the Aircraft Market," NBER Working Papers 8648, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Seabright, Paul, 1996. "The starfish effect: Can market entry by one firm encourage further entry by others?," European Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 40(3-5), pages 541-550, April.
- Grigolon, Laura & Leheyda, Nina & Verboven, Frank, 2012.
"Public support for the European car industry: an integrated analysis,"
Open Access publications from Katholieke Universiteit Leuven
urn:hdl:123456789/365246, Katholieke Universiteit Leuven.
- Grigolon, Laura & Leheyda, Nina & Verboven, Frank, 2012. "Public support for the European car industry: An integrated analysis," ZEW Discussion Papers 12-077, ZEW - Zentrum für Europäische Wirtschaftsforschung / Center for European Economic Research.
- Laura GRIGOLON & Nina LEHEYDA & Frank VERBOVEN, 2012. "Public support for the European car industry: an integrated analysis," Center for Economic Studies - Discussion papers ces12.14, Katholieke Universiteit Leuven, Centrum voor Economische Studiën.
- Donald S. Siegel & Vasilis Zervos, 2003. "The Importance of Co-ordination in National Technology Policy: Evidence From the Galileo Public Private Partnership," Rensselaer Working Papers in Economics 0308, Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute, Department of Economics.
- Lars Calmfors & Giancarlo Corsetti & Michael P. Devereux & Seppo Honkapohja & Gilles Saint-Paul & Hans-Werner Sinn & Jan-Egbert Sturm & Xavier Vives, 2007. "Chapter 6: Economic nationalism," EEAG Report on the European Economy, CESifo Group Munich, vol. 0, pages 133-147, 02.
- Paul Seabright, 2005. "National and European Champions - Burden or Blessing?," CESifo Forum, Ifo Institute for Economic Research at the University of Munich, vol. 6(2), pages 52-55, 08.
- Lars Calmfors & Giancarlo Corsetti & Seppo Honkapohja & Gilles Saint-Paul & Hans-Werner Sinn & John Kay & Jan-Egbert Sturm & Xavier Vives, 2006. "Chapter 5: Mergers and Competition Policy in Europe," EEAG Report on the European Economy, CESifo Group Munich, vol. 0, pages 101-116, 03.
- Lars Calmfors & Giancarlo Corsetti & Michael P. Devereux & Gilles Saint-Paul & Hans-Werner Sinn & Jan-Egbert Sturm & Xavier Vives, 2008. "Chapter 4: Industrial policy," EEAG Report on the European Economy, CESifo Group Munich, vol. 0, pages 105-124, 02.
- Kaivanto, Kim & Stoneman, Paul, 2007. "Public provision of sales contingent claims backed finance to SMEs: A policy alternative," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 36(5), pages 637-651, June.
- Koopmann, Georg, 1998. "German foreign economic policy in the age of globalisation," HWWA Discussion Papers 56, Hamburg Institute of International Economics (HWWA).
- Lars-Hendrik Röller & Christian von Hirschhausen, 1996. "State Aid, Industrial Restructuring and Privatization in the New German Länder: Competition Policy with Case Studies of the Shipbuilding and Synthetic Fibres Industries," CIG Working Papers FS IV 96-13, Wissenschaftszentrum Berlin (WZB), Research Unit: Competition and Innovation (CIG).
- Crafts, Nicholas, 2012. "Creating Competitive Advantage: Policy Lessons from History," CAGE Online Working Paper Series 90, Competitive Advantage in the Global Economy (CAGE).
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Claudine Delapierre Saudan).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.