AbstractThis article extends the theory of the firm to cover situations in which the firm's technology set is conditional on expected prices. A 'generalized ' price effect is obtained that includes the traditional price effect as well as the technical change effect of prices. An example is presented.
Download InfoTo our knowledge, this item is not available for download. To find whether it is available, there are three options:
1. Check below under "Related research" whether another version of this item is available online.
2. Check on the provider's web page whether it is in fact available.
3. Perform a search for a similarly titled item that would be available.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by Iowa State University, Department of Economics in its series Staff General Research Papers with number 881.
Date of creation: 01 Jan 1994
Date of revision:
Publication status: Published in Journal of Agricultural and Resource Economics 1994, vol. 19 no. 1, pp. 161-172
Contact details of provider:
Postal: Iowa State University, Dept. of Economics, 260 Heady Hall, Ames, IA 50011-1070
Phone: +1 515.294.6741
Fax: +1 515.294.0221
Web page: http://www.econ.iastate.edu
More information through EDIRC
Other versions of this item:
- Lilyan E. Fulginiti, 2005. "Price-Conditional Technology," Microeconomics 0503003, EconWPA.
- Lilyan E. Fulginiti, 1993. "Price-Conditional Technology," Center for Agricultural and Rural Development (CARD) Publications 93-wp116, Center for Agricultural and Rural Development (CARD) at Iowa State University.
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Fulginiti, Lilyan E & Perrin, Richard K, 1993.
"Prices and Productivity in Agriculture,"
The Review of Economics and Statistics,
MIT Press, vol. 75(3), pages 471-82, August.
- Lilyan E. Fulginiti & Richard K. Perrin, 1992. "Prices and Productivity in Agriculture," Food and Agricultural Policy Research Institute (FAPRI) Publications 93-gatt2, Food and Agricultural Policy Research Institute (FAPRI) at Iowa State University.
- Lilyan E. Fulginiti & Richard K. Perrin, 1992. "Prices and Productivity in Agriculture," Center for Agricultural and Rural Development (CARD) Publications 93-gatt2, Center for Agricultural and Rural Development (CARD) at Iowa State University.
- Fulginiti, Lilyan E. & Perrin, Richard K., 1993. "Prices and Productivity in Agriculture," Staff General Research Papers 773, Iowa State University, Department of Economics.
- Fulginiti, Lilyan E. & Perrin, Richard K., 1992. "Prices and Productivity in Agriculture," Staff General Research Papers 543, Iowa State University, Department of Economics.
- Paris, Quirino & Caputo, Michael R., 1995. "The Rhetoric Of Duality," Journal of Agricultural and Resource Economics, Western Agricultural Economics Association, vol. 20(01), July.
- Roberto Esposti & Pierpaolo Pierani, 2008.
"Price-induced technical progress in Italian agriculture,"
Review of Agricultural and Environmental Studies - Revue d'Etudes en Agriculture et Environnement,
INRA Department of Economics, vol. 89(4), pages 5-28.
- Roberto ESPOSTI & Pierpaolo PIERANI, 2006. "Price-Induced Technical Progress in Italian Agriculture," Working Papers 275, Universita' Politecnica delle Marche (I), Dipartimento di Scienze Economiche e Sociali.
- Ludo Peeters & Yves Surry, 2000. "Incorporating Price-Induced Innovation in a Symmetric Generalised McFadden Cost Function with Several Outputs," Journal of Productivity Analysis, Springer, vol. 14(1), pages 53-70, July.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Stephanie Bridges) The email address of this maintainer does not seem to be valid anymore. Please ask Stephanie Bridges to update the entry or send us the correct address.
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.