Piecemeal Reform of Trade and Environmental Policy When Consumption Also Pollutes
AbstractThe design of trade and environmental policy pays increasing attention to consumption-induced pollution linked to trade liberalization. The authors of this paper incorporate endogenous consumption pollution into a dual trade model to assess the welfare elects of coordinated trade and environmental piece-meal reform in a small, open and distorted economy They identify sufficient conditions for welfare-improving reforms of trade and environmental policies. They also discuss briefly the implications of using tradable permits instead of taxes.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by Center for Agricultural and Rural Development (CARD) at Iowa State University in its series Center for Agricultural and Rural Development (CARD) Publications with number 99-wp209.
Date of creation: Feb 1999
Date of revision:
Other versions of this item:
- Mark R. Metcalfe & John C. Beghin, 1999. "Piecemeal Reform of Trade and Environmental Policy When Consumption Also Pollutes," Food and Agricultural Policy Research Institute (FAPRI) Publications 99-wp209, Food and Agricultural Policy Research Institute (FAPRI) at Iowa State University.
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Arja H. Turunen-Red & Alan D. Woodland, 2004. "Multilateral Reforms of Trade and Environmental Policy," Review of International Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 12(3), pages 321-336, 08.
- Leonard F.S. Wang & Tai-Liang Chen & Ya-Chin Wang, 2007. "Trade liberalization and environmental tax in differentiated oligopoly with consumption externalities," Economics Bulletin, AccessEcon, vol. 17(9), pages 1-9.
- Park, Dooho & Davies, Stephen P. & Seidl, Andrew F., 2001. "A Nationwide, State-Level, Analysis Of Animal Confinement Policy By Selected Species," 2001 Annual Meeting, July 8-11, 2001, Logan, Utah 36160, Western Agricultural Economics Association.
- Park, Dooho & Seidl, Andrew F. & Davies, Stephen P. & Frasier, W. Marshall, 2000. "Environmental Policy Influences On Livestock Stocking And Location Decisions," 2000 Annual Meeting, June 29-July 1, 2000, Vancouver, British Columbia 36340, Western Agricultural Economics Association.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: ().
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.