Nature of the Director's profile and Knowledge Transfer in Corporate Social Responsibility: A Literature-based Approach
AbstractBoard Interlocks could have a positive effect on the adoption of governance practices and especially on the Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR). We surpass the predictions of the agency theory by proposing a cognitive-behavioral approach of governance to define the role of director. Given the lack of previous researches, a literature-based approach comes as a necessity. We study the connection between the nature of the director's profile and the knowledge transfer in CSR practices; and this could be beneficiary for the boards of directors. We underline the importance of individual director characteristics such as identification, recognition or motivation in the success of this transfer.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by HAL in its series Post-Print with number hal-00692350.
Date of creation: 29 Mar 2012
Date of revision:
Publication status: Published - Presented, ADERSE 9 TH INTERNATIONAL CONGRESS CSR, globalisation, normalisation: new issues induced by the crisis.., 2012, NICE, France
Note: View the original document on HAL open archive server: http://hal.archives-ouvertes.fr/hal-00692350
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://hal.archives-ouvertes.fr/
Profile of the director; Knowledge Transfer; Board of Directors' Network. Behavioral Governance; CSR.;
This paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2012-07-08 (All new papers)
- NEP-CSE-2012-07-08 (Economics of Strategic Management)
- NEP-HIS-2012-07-08 (Business, Economic & Financial History)
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Gérard Charreaux, 2003. "Le point sur... les réseaux d'administrateurs et de dirigeants," Working Papers FARGO 1030801, Université de Bourgogne - Crego EA 7317/Fargo (Research center in Finance,organizational ARchitecture and GOvernance).
- Nonaka, Ikujiro & Toyama, Ryoko & Nagata, Akiya, 2000. "A Firm as a Knowledge-Creating Entity: A New Perspective on the Theory of the Firm," Industrial and Corporate Change, Oxford University Press, vol. 9(1), pages 1-20, March.
- Ayuso, Silvia & Argandoña, Antonio, 2007. "Responsible corporate governance: Towards a stakeholder board of directors?," IESE Research Papers D/701, IESE Business School.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (CCSD).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.