A Firm as a Knowledge-Creating Entity: A New Perspective on the Theory of the Firm
AbstractThe knowledge-based view of the firm views a firm as a knowledge-creating entity, and argues that knowledge and the capability to create and utilize such knowledge are the most important source of a firm's sustainable competitive advantage. Knowledge and skills give a firm a competitive advantage because it is through this set of knowledge and skills that a firm is able to innovate new products/processes/services, or improve existing ones more efficiently and/or effectively. The raison d'etre of a firm is to continuously create knowledge. Copyright 2000 by Oxford University Press.
Download InfoTo our knowledge, this item is not available for download. To find whether it is available, there are three options:
1. Check below under "Related research" whether another version of this item is available online.
2. Check on the provider's web page whether it is in fact available.
3. Perform a search for a similarly titled item that would be available.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Oxford University Press in its journal Industrial & Corporate Change.
Volume (Year): 9 (2000)
Issue (Month): 1 (March)
Contact details of provider:
Postal: Oxford University Press, Great Clarendon Street, Oxford OX2 6DP, UK
Fax: 01865 267 985
Web page: http://icc.oupjournals.org/
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- S. Bhaduri & H. Worch, 2008. "Past Experience, Cognitive Frames, and Entrepreneurship: Some Econometric Evidence from the Indian Pharmaceutical Industry," Papers on Economics and Evolution 2008-04, Max Planck Institute of Economics, Evolutionary Economics Group.
- Michael Steiner, 2004. "The Role of Clusters in Knowledge Creation and Diffusion – an Institutional Perspective," ERSA conference papers ersa04p612, European Regional Science Association.
- Cappellin, Riccardo & Steiner, Michael, 2002. "Enlarging the scale of knowledge in innovation networks: theoretical perspectives and policy issues," ERSA conference papers ersa02p506, European Regional Science Association.
- Ulrich Witt & Tom Broekel & Thomas Brenner, 2007. "Knowledge and its Economic Characteristics - A Conceptual Clarification," Jena Economic Research Papers 2007-013, Friedrich-Schiller-University Jena, Max-Planck-Institute of Economics.
- Gary B. Magee, 2002.
"Rethinking Invention: Cognition and the Economics of Technological Creativity,"
Department of Economics - Working Papers Series
861, The University of Melbourne.
- Magee, Gary B., 2005. "Rethinking invention: cognition and the economics of technological creativity," Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization, Elsevier, vol. 57(1), pages 29-48, May.
- Hazar Ben Barka & Sarah Mokaddem, 2012. "Nature of the Director's profile and Knowledge Transfer in Corporate Social Responsibility: A Literature-based Approach," Post-Print hal-00692350, HAL.
- H. J. Sapienza & D. De Clercq & W. R. Sandberg, 2004. "Antecedents of international and domestic learning effort," Working Papers of Faculty of Economics and Business Administration, Ghent University, Belgium 04/278, Ghent University, Faculty of Economics and Business Administration.
- JosâˆšÂ© L. GonzâˆšÂ°lez-Pernâˆšâ‰ a & Ferran Vendrell-Herrero, 2011. "Does the intensity in R&D generate start-upâ€šÃ„Ã´s growth?," ERSA conference papers ersa10p483, European Regional Science Association.
- Alessandra Perri & Raffaele Oriani & Francesco Rullani, 2012. "Does Co-Location Accelerate Knowledge Outflows from FDI? The Role of MNC Subsidiaries' Technology Sourcing Strategies," DRUID Working Papers 12-09, DRUID, Copenhagen Business School, Department of Industrial Economics and Strategy/Aalborg University, Department of Business Studies.
- Silviya Draganinska & Rudiger Wink, 2006. "Formal Knowledge Examination Institutions: Chance Or Threat to European Medium Tech-Nology SMEs? A Cognitive and Institutional Perspective," ERSA conference papers ersa06p404, European Regional Science Association.
- Vesa Harmaakorpi & Arto Haikonen & Ilkka Kauranen, 2003. "The Shift of Techno-Economic Paradigm and Its Effects on Regional Disparities," ERSA conference papers ersa03p226, European Regional Science Association.
- Alessandra Perri & Raffaele Oriani & Francesco Rullani, 2013. "Knowledge breadth of MNC subsidiaries and the duration of host-country firms' search," Working Papers 7, Department of Management, Università Ca' Foscari Venezia.
- Vesa Harmaakorpi & Satu Pekkarinen, 2003. "The Concept of the Regional Development Platform and Regional Development Platform Method (RDPM) as a Tool for Regional Development," ERSA conference papers ersa03p392, European Regional Science Association.
- Margit Osterloh & Jetta Frost & Bruno Frey, 2002. "The Dynamics of Motivation in New Organizational Forms," International Journal of the Economics of Business, Taylor and Francis Journals, vol. 9(1), pages 61-77.
- Harison, Elad & Koski, Heli, 2010. "Applying open innovation in business strategies: Evidence from Finnish software firms," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 39(3), pages 351-359, April.
- Tomi Tura & Vesa Harmaakorpi, 2005. "Measuring Regional Innovative Capability," ERSA conference papers ersa05p680, European Regional Science Association.
- Wink, Ruediger, 2002. "The transregional dimension of territorial knowledge management. An evolutionary perspective on the role of universities," ERSA conference papers ersa02p496, European Regional Science Association.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Oxford University Press) or (Christopher F. Baum).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.