Corporate governance in advanced economies: lessons in a post financial crash era Introduction to the Special Issue
AbstractCorporate governance is certainly one of the most prolific fields of research today. Even if the origins of this domain trace back to the early 1930s, the recent decades have been marked by an explosion in the number of contributions in academic journals. This effervescence in the academic world has had important echoes in business life that are analysed in the present contribution.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by HAL in its series Post-Print with number hal-00332737.
Date of creation: 2008
Date of revision:
Publication status: Published, Recherches Economiques de Louvain, 2008, 74, 4, 1-8
Note: View the original document on HAL open archive server: http://hal.archives-ouvertes.fr/hal-00332737/en/
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://hal.archives-ouvertes.fr/
Other versions of this item:
- Jackie Krafft & Jacques-Laurent Ravix, 2008. "Corporate Governance in Advanced Economies: Lessons in a Post Financial Crash Era.. Introduction to the Special Issue," Recherches économiques de Louvain, De Boeck Université, vol. 74(4), pages 419-424.
- NEP-ALL-2008-10-28 (All new papers)
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Ciaran Driver & Grahame Thompson, 2002. "Corporate Governance and Democracy: The Stakeholder Debate Revisited," Journal of Management and Governance, Springer, vol. 6(2), pages 111-130, May.
- Marco Becht, 2005.
"Corporate Governance: An Assessment,"
Oxford Review of Economic Policy,
Oxford University Press, vol. 21(2), pages 155-163, Summer.
- Andrei Shleifer & Robert W. Vishny, 1995.
"A Survey of Corporate Governance,"
Harvard Institute of Economic Research Working Papers
1741, Harvard - Institute of Economic Research.
- Klapper, Leora F. & Love, Inessa, 2002.
"Corporate governance, investor protection, and performance in emerging markets,"
Policy Research Working Paper Series
2818, The World Bank.
- Klapper, Leora F. & Love, Inessa, 2004. "Corporate governance, investor protection, and performance in emerging markets," Journal of Corporate Finance, Elsevier, vol. 10(5), pages 703-728, November.
- Michael Dietrich & Jackie Krafft & Jacques-Laurent Ravix, 2008. "Regulation and governance of the firm," Post-Print hal-00203479, HAL.
- J. Krafft & J. -L. Ravix, 2008.
"Corporate Governance And The Governance Of Knowledge: Rethinking The Relationship In Terms Of Corporate Coherence,"
Economics of Innovation and New Technology,
Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 17(1-2), pages 79-95.
- Jackie Krafft & Jacques-Laurent Ravix, 2008. "Corporate governance and the governance of knowledge: rethinking the relationship in terms of corporate coherence," Post-Print hal-00203550, HAL.
- Benjamin E. Hermalin & Michael S. Weisbach, 2001.
"Boards of Directors as an Endogenously Determined Institution: A Survey of the Economic Literature,"
NBER Working Papers
8161, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Benjamin E. Hermalin & Michael S. Weisbach, 2003. "Boards of directors as an endogenously determined institution: a survey of the economic literature," Economic Policy Review, Federal Reserve Bank of New York, issue Apr, pages 7-26.
- Durnev, Art & Kim, E. Han, 2004.
"To Steal or Not to Steal: Firm Attributes, Legal Environment, and Valuation,"
CEI Working Paper Series
2004-7, Center for Economic Institutions, Institute of Economic Research, Hitotsubashi University.
- Art Durnev & E. Han Kim, 2005. "To Steal or Not to Steal: Firm Attributes, Legal Environment, and Valuation," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 60(3), pages 1461-1493, 06.
- Jackie Krafft & Jacques-Laurent Ravix, 2005. "The governance of innovative firms: An evolutionary perspective," Economics of Innovation and New Technology, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 14(3), pages 125-147.
- Fama, Eugene F & Jensen, Michael C, 1983. "Separation of Ownership and Control," Journal of Law and Economics, University of Chicago Press, vol. 26(2), pages 301-25, June.
- John E. Core & Wayne R. Guay & Tjomme O. Rusticus, 2006. "Does Weak Governance Cause Weak Stock Returns? An Examination of Firm Operating Performance and Investors' Expectations," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 61(2), pages 655-687, 04.
- Paul A. Gompers & Joy L. Ishii & Andrew Metrick, 2001.
"Corporate Governance and Equity Prices,"
NBER Working Papers
8449, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Hart, Oliver, 1995. "Corporate Governance: Some Theory and Implications," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 105(430), pages 678-89, May.
- Franklin Allen, 2005. "Corporate Governance in Emerging Economies," Oxford Review of Economic Policy, Oxford University Press, vol. 21(2), pages 164-177, Summer.
- Bengt Holmstrom & Steven N. Kaplan, 2001. "Corporate Governance and Merger Activity in the United States: Making Sense of the 1980s and 1990s," Journal of Economic Perspectives, American Economic Association, vol. 15(2), pages 121-144, Spring.
- Denis, Diane K. & McConnell, John J., 2003. "International Corporate Governance," Journal of Financial and Quantitative Analysis, Cambridge University Press, vol. 38(01), pages 1-36, March.
- Jensen, Michael C, 1986. "Agency Costs of Free Cash Flow, Corporate Finance, and Takeovers," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 76(2), pages 323-29, May.
- Bernard S. Black & Hasung Jang & Woochan Kim, 2006. "Does Corporate Governance Predict Firms' Market Values? Evidence from Korea," Journal of Law, Economics and Organization, Oxford University Press, vol. 22(2), pages 366-413, October.
- Martin Fransman, 2004. "The telecoms boom and bust 1996-2003 and the role of financial markets," Journal of Evolutionary Economics, Springer, vol. 14(4), pages 369-406, October.
- Fama, Eugene F, 1980. "Agency Problems and the Theory of the Firm," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 88(2), pages 288-307, April.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (CCSD).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.