Corporate Governance: An Assessment
AbstractCorporate governance is one of the most topical and controversial areas of business and finance. This article provides an overview of the questions that it raises and proposed policy responses. It points to the diversity in systems of corporate governance around the world, the apparently paradoxical performance of different systems and an association with different forms of corporate-governance failures. The article discusses a range of proposed remedies including the restructuring of boards, regulation of markets in corporate control and limitations on executive remuneration. It also considers whether the need for harmonized corporate-governance rules can be diminished by freedom of mobility of corporations and competition between legal systems. Copyright 2005, Oxford University Press.
Download InfoTo our knowledge, this item is not available for download. To find whether it is available, there are three options:
1. Check below under "Related research" whether another version of this item is available online.
2. Check on the provider's web page whether it is in fact available.
3. Perform a search for a similarly titled item that would be available.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Oxford University Press in its journal Oxford Review of Economic Policy.
Volume (Year): 21 (2005)
Issue (Month): 2 (Summer)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://oxrep.oupjournals.org/
Other versions of this item:
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Jackie Krafft & Jacques-Laurent Ravix, 2008.
"Corporate Governance in Advanced Economies: Lessons in a Post Financial Crash Era.. Introduction to the Special Issue,"
Recherches économiques de Louvain,
De Boeck Université, vol. 74(4), pages 419-424.
- Jackie Krafft & Jacques-Laurent Ravix, 2008. "Corporate governance in advanced economies: lessons in a post financial crash era Introduction to the Special Issue," Post-Print hal-00332737, HAL.
- Jackie Krafft, 2008. "Firm," Post-Print hal-00207817, HAL.
- Jackie Krafft & Yiping Qu & Jacques-Laurent Ravix, 2008. "Corporate governance, industry dynamics and firms performance on the stock market," Post-Print hal-00203544, HAL.
- Goergen, M. & Renneboog, L.D.R., 2008.
"Contractual Corporate Governance,"
2008-41, Tilburg University, Center for Economic Research.
- Jackie Krafft & Jacques-Laurent Ravix, 2009. "The Governance of the Knowledge-Intensive Firm in an Industry Life-Cycle Approach," Post-Print hal-00239286, HAL.
- Jackie Krafft & Yiping Qu & Jacques-Laurent Ravix, 2011. "Gouvernance d'entreprise et performances sectorielles: une réévaluation de la fiabilité des scores et des mesures de bonne gouvernance," Post-Print hal-00493371, HAL.
- Michael Dietrich & Jackie Krafft & Jacques-Laurent Ravix, 2008. "Regulation and governance of the firm," Post-Print hal-00203479, HAL.
- Jackie Krafft & Yiping Qu & Francesco Quatraro & Jacques-Laurent Ravix, 2013.
"Corporate governance, value and performance of firms: New empirical results on convergence from a large international database,"
- Jackie Krafft & Yiping Qu & Francesco Quatraro & Jacques-Laurent Ravix, 2013. "Corporate governance, value and performance of firms: New empirical results on convergence from a large international database," Post-Print hal-00786664, HAL.
- repec:hal:wpaper:hal-00786664 is not listed on IDEAS
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Oxford University Press) or (Christopher F. Baum).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.