Advanced Monte Carlo methods for barrier and related exotic options
AbstractIn this work, we present advanced Monte Carlo techniques applied to the pricing of barrier options and other related exotic contracts. It covers in particular the Brownian bridge approaches, the barrier shifting techniques (BAST) and their extensions as well. We leverage the link between discrete and continuous monitoring to design efficient schemes, which can be applied to the Black-Scholes model but also to stochastic volatility or Merton's jump models. This is supported by theoretical results and numerical experiments.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by HAL in its series Post-Print with number hal-00319947.
Date of creation: Dec 2009
Date of revision:
Publication status: Published, Mathematical Modeling and Numerical Methods in Finance, Elsevier (Ed.), 2009, 497-528
Note: View the original document on HAL open archive server: http://hal.archives-ouvertes.fr/hal-00319947
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://hal.archives-ouvertes.fr/
This paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Gobet, Emmanuel & Menozzi, Stéphane, 2004. "Exact approximation rate of killed hypoelliptic diffusions using the discrete Euler scheme," Stochastic Processes and their Applications, Elsevier, vol. 112(2), pages 201-223, August.
- L.C.G. Rogers & E.J. Stapleton, 1997. "Fast accurate binomial pricing," Finance and Stochastics, Springer, vol. 2(1), pages 3-17.
- Mark Broadie & Paul Glasserman & Steven Kou, 1997. "A Continuity Correction for Discrete Barrier Options," Mathematical Finance, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 7(4), pages 325-349.
- Phelim Boyle & Yisong Tian, 1998. "An explicit finite difference approach to the pricing of barrier options," Applied Mathematical Finance, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 5(1), pages 17-43.
- Gobet, Emmanuel & Menozzi, Stéphane, 2010. "Stopped diffusion processes: Boundary corrections and overshoot," Stochastic Processes and their Applications, Elsevier, vol. 120(2), pages 130-162, February.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (CCSD).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.