Institutionalist analysis of an industry: project and methodology (In French)
AbstractThe paper proposes an original institutionalist framework to analyze the dynamics of sectors (or industries), their emergence, their evolution and their possible disappearance. The meso-economic analysis concerns the way by which are institutionalized, within every industry, the relationships [ 1 ] to the market,  to employment,  to suppliers and  to finance. It considers the distribution of power and value between actors within an industry and their political work, while specifying the macro institutional context, as a space of constraints and opportunities for institutionalize relationships. The theoretical framework is used to understand recent changes in the automobile distribution in European Union.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by Groupe de Recherche en Economie Théorique et Appliquée in its series Cahiers du GREThA with number 2009-19.
Date of creation: 2009
Date of revision:
Contact details of provider:
Postal: Avenue Léon Duguit, 33608 Pessac Cedex
Phone: +33 (0)18.104.22.168.75
Fax: +33 (0)22.214.171.124.47
Web page: http://gretha.u-bordeaux4.fr/
More information through EDIRC
Automobile distribution; Europe; Industry; Industrial dynamics; Institutionalism; Sectorial analysis;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- B52 - Schools of Economic Thought and Methodology - - Current Heterodox Approaches - - - Institutional; Evolutionary
- L16 - Industrial Organization - - Market Structure, Firm Strategy, and Market Performance - - - Industrial Organization and Macroeconomics; Macroeconomic Industrial Structure
- L62 - Industrial Organization - - Industry Studies: Manufacturing - - - Automobiles; Other Transportation Equipment
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Vincent Frigant & Sylvain Moura, 2004. "Les déterminants des stratégies réactives des sous-traitants de la défense," Post-Print hal-00671747, HAL.
- Bernard JULLIEN (GREThA UMR CNRS 5113), 2009. "Institutional approaches of industrial dynamics (In French)," Cahiers du GREThA 2009-17, Groupe de Recherche en Economie Théorique et Appliquée.
- Aoki, Masahiko, 1990. "Toward an Economic Model of the Japanese Firm," Journal of Economic Literature, American Economic Association, vol. 28(1), pages 1-27, March.
- Amable, Bruno, 2003. "The Diversity of Modern Capitalism," OUP Catalogue, Oxford University Press, number 9780199261147.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Vincent Frigant).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.