Fiscal Policy Interdependence And Efficiency
AbstractThis paper uses a two-country overlapping generations model to study the international transmission of fiscal policy among open interdependent economies under free international capital mobility. With only lump-sum taxes and transfers, international transmission involves only pecuniary externalities: barring dynamic inefficiency, only distributional issues (intergenerational and international) are involved. With age-specific taxes and transfers, the ability to run deficits and issue debt does not enhance the choice set of the governments. Source-based taxes on the rentals from capital and residence-based taxes on all property income are also studi.
Download InfoTo our knowledge, this item is not available for download. To find whether it is available, there are three options:
1. Check below under "Related research" whether another version of this item is available online.
2. Check on the provider's web page whether it is in fact available.
3. Perform a search for a similarly titled item that would be available.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by Yale - Economic Growth Center in its series Papers with number 611.
Length: 49 pages
Date of creation: 1990
Date of revision:
Contact details of provider:
Postal: U.S.A.; YALE UNIVERSITY, ECONOMIC GROWTH CENTER, YALE STATION NEW-HAVEN CONNECTICUT 06520 U.S.A
Phone: (203) 432-3610
Fax: (203) 432-3898
Web page: http://www.econ.yale.edu/~egcenter/
More information through EDIRC
fiscal policy ; income ; economic models;
Other versions of this item:
- Willem H. Buiter & Kenneth M. Kletzer, 1990. "Fiscal Policy Interdependence and Efficiency," NBER Working Papers 3328, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Buiter, Willem H & Kletzer, Kenneth, 1990. "Fiscal Policy Interdependence and Efficiency," CEPR Discussion Papers 419, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Willem H. Buiter & Kenneth M. Kletzer, 1995.
"Capital Mobility, Fiscal Policy and Growth under Self-Financing of Human Capital Formation,"
NBER Working Papers
5120, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Buiter, Willem H & Kletzer, Kenneth, 1995. "Capital Mobility, Fiscal Policy and Growth Under Self-Financing of Human Capital Formation," CEPR Discussion Papers 1179, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Thomas Krichel).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.