The value of Information: the Case of Signal-Dependent Opportunity Sets
AbstractWe generalize the economic decision problem considered by Blackwell(1953) in which a decision maker chooses an action after observing a signal correlated to the state of nature. Unlike Blackwell's case where the feasible set is fixed, in our framework, the feasible set of actions depends on the signal and the information system. As we indicate such a framework has more significance to economic models.
Download InfoTo our knowledge, this item is not available for download. To find whether it is available, there are three options:
1. Check below under "Related research" whether another version of this item is available online.
2. Check on the provider's web page whether it is in fact available.
3. Perform a search for a similarly titled item that would be available.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by Tel Aviv in its series Papers with number 1-96.
Length: 15 pages
Date of creation: 1996
Date of revision:
Contact details of provider:
Postal: Israel TEL-AVIV UNIVERSITY, THE FOERDER INSTITUTE FOR ECONOMIC RESEARCH, RAMAT AVIV 69 978 TEL AVIV ISRAEL.
Web page: http://econ.tau.ac.il/research/foerder.asp
More information through EDIRC
INFORMATION; DECISION MAKING;
Other versions of this item:
- Sulganik, Eyal & Zilcha, Itzhak, 1997. "The value of information: The case of signal-dependent opportunity sets," Journal of Economic Dynamics and Control, Elsevier, vol. 21(10), pages 1615-1625, August.
- C70 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Game Theory and Bargaining Theory - - - General
- D80 - Microeconomics - - Information, Knowledge, and Uncertainty - - - General
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Grossman, Sanford J & Hart, Oliver D, 1983.
"An Analysis of the Principal-Agent Problem,"
Econometric Society, vol. 51(1), pages 7-45, January.
- Sanford J Grossman & Oliver D Hart, 2001. "An Analysis of the Principal-Agent Problem," Levine's Working Paper Archive 391749000000000339, David K. Levine.
- Sanford Grossman & Oliver Hart, . "An Analysis of the Principal-Agent Problem," Rodney L. White Center for Financial Research Working Papers 15-80, Wharton School Rodney L. White Center for Financial Research.
- Edward E. Schlee, 1996. "The Value of Information About Product Quality," RAND Journal of Economics, The RAND Corporation, vol. 27(4), pages 803-815, Winter.
- Hirshleifer, Jack, 1975. "Speculation and Equilibrium: Information, Risk, and Markets," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, MIT Press, vol. 89(4), pages 519-42, November.
- Wilson, Robert B, 1978. "Information, Efficiency, and the Core of an Economy," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 46(4), pages 807-16, July.
- Green, Jerry R, 1981. "Value of Information with Sequential Futures Markets," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 49(2), pages 335-58, March.
- Ehud Lehrer & Dinah Rosenberg, 2003.
"What restrictions do Bayesian games impose on the value of information?,"
Game Theory and Information
- Lehrer, Ehud & Rosenberg, Dinah, 2006. "What restrictions do Bayesian games impose on the value of information?," Journal of Mathematical Economics, Elsevier, vol. 42(3), pages 343-357, June.
- Eckwert, Bernhard & Zilcha, Itzhak, 2001. "The Value of Information in Production Economies," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 100(1), pages 172-186, September.
- Alfred Müller & Marco Scarsini, 2002. "Even Risk-Averters may Love Risk," Theory and Decision, Springer, vol. 52(1), pages 81-99, February.
- Marcoul, Philippe & Weninger, Quinn, 2008.
"Search and active learning with correlated information: Empirical evidence from mid-Atlantic clam fishermen,"
Journal of Economic Dynamics and Control,
Elsevier, vol. 32(6), pages 1921-1948, June.
- Marcoul, Philippe & Weninger, Quinn, 2008. "Search and Active Learning with Correlated Information: Empirical Evidence from Mid-Atlantic Clam Fishermen," Staff General Research Papers 11601, Iowa State University, Department of Economics.
- Bertocchi, Graziella & Spagat, Michael, 1998.
"Growth under uncertainty with experimentation,"
Journal of Economic Dynamics and Control,
Elsevier, vol. 23(2), pages 209-231, September.
- Hiroyuki Nakata, 2011. "Equivalent comparisons of information channels," Theory and Decision, Springer, vol. 71(4), pages 559-574, October.
- Broll, Udo & Eckwert, Bernhard & Eickhoff, Andreas, 2012. "Financial intermediation and endogenous risk in the banking sector," Economic Modelling, Elsevier, vol. 29(5), pages 1618-1622.
- Bruno Bassan & Olivier Gossner & Marco Scarsini & Shmuel Zamir, 2001.
"Positive value of information in games,"
Discussion Paper Series
dp294, The Center for the Study of Rationality, Hebrew University, Jerusalem, revised Jul 2002.
- Matthew Doyle, 2010.
"Informational externalities, strategic delay, and optimal investment subsidies,"
Canadian Journal of Economics,
Canadian Economics Association, vol. 43(3), pages 941-966, August.
- Doyle, Matthew, 2002. "Informational Externalities, Strategic Delay, and the Search for Optimal Policy," Staff General Research Papers 10046, Iowa State University, Department of Economics.
- Emmanuel Haven, 2008. "Private Information and the ‘Information Function’: A Survey of Possible Uses," Theory and Decision, Springer, vol. 64(2), pages 193-228, March.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Thomas Krichel).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.