A Consistent Approach to Cost Efficiency Measurement
AbstractConsistent specifications of the allocative inefficiency function in cost plus input share equations systems may be difficult, if not impossible, to find because most plausible ones violate certain reasonable a priori conditions. Moreover, the models to which they lead give rise to highly non-linear likelihood functions that are very hard to estimate.
Download InfoTo our knowledge, this item is not available for download. To find whether it is available, there are three options:
1. Check below under "Related research" whether another version of this item is available online.
2. Check on the provider's web page whether it is in fact available.
3. Perform a search for a similarly titled item that would be available.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by Athens University of Economics and Business, Department of International and European Economic Studies in its series Athens University of Economics and Business with number 124.
Length: 19 pages
Date of creation: 2001
Date of revision:
Contact details of provider:
Postal: Athens University of Economics and Business, Department of International and European Economic Studies. Parission 76, Athens Greece 10434
Phone: +30 1 8203250
Fax: +301 8228419
Web page: http://www.aueb.gr/
More information through EDIRC
COSTS ; MODELS ; LABOUR;
Other versions of this item:
- George C. Bitros & Efthymios G. Tsionas, 2004. "A Consistent Approach to Cost Efficiency Measurement," Oxford Bulletin of Economics and Statistics, Department of Economics, University of Oxford, vol. 66(1), pages 49-69, 02.
- Bitros, G.C. & Tsionas, E.G., 2001. "A Consistent Approach to Cost Efficiency Measurement," DEOS Working Papers 124, Athens University of Economics and Business.
- C51 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Econometric Modeling - - - Model Construction and Estimation
- D24 - Microeconomics - - Production and Organizations - - - Production; Cost; Capital; Capital, Total Factor, and Multifactor Productivity; Capacity
- D61 - Microeconomics - - Welfare Economics - - - Allocative Efficiency; Cost-Benefit Analysis
- G32 - Financial Economics - - Corporate Finance and Governance - - - Financing Policy; Financial Risk and Risk Management; Capital and Ownership Structure; Value of Firms; Goodwill
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Johannes Sauer & Klaus Frohberg & Henrich Hockmann, 2006. "Stochastic efficiency measurement: The curse of theoretical consistency," Journal of Applied Economics, Universidad del CEMA, vol. 0, pages 139-166, May.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Thomas Krichel).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.