A data envelopment analysis of the levels and determinants of coal-fired electric power generation performance
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Elsevier in its journal Utilities Policy.
Volume (Year): 9 (2000)
Issue (Month): 2 (June)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/inca/30478
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Christensen, Laurits R & Greene, William H, 1976. "Economies of Scale in U.S. Electric Power Generation," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 84(4), pages 655-76, August.
- Nelson, Randy A., 1985. "Returns to scale from variable and total cost functions : Evidence from the electric power industry," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 18(2-3), pages 271-276.
- Pitt, Mark M. & Lee, Lung-Fei, 1981. "The measurement and sources of technical inefficiency in the Indonesian weaving industry," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 9(1), pages 43-64, August.
- Herbert G. Thompson, Jr. & Lynda L. Wolf, 1993. "Regional Differences in Nuclear and Fossil-Fuel Generation of Electricity," Land Economics, University of Wisconsin Press, vol. 69(3), pages 234-248.
- Fare, R. & Grosskopf, S. & Logan, J., 1985. "The relative performance of publicly-owned and privately-owned electric utilities," Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 26(1), pages 89-106, February.
- Eric W. Welch & Allan Mazur & Stuart Bretschneider, 2000. "Voluntary behavior by electric utilities: Levels of adoption and contribution of the climate challenge program to the reduction of carbon dioxide," Journal of Policy Analysis and Management, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 19(3), pages 407-425.
- Atkinson, Scott E & Halvorsen, Robert, 1984. "Parametric Efficiency Tests, Economies of Scale, and Input Demand in U.S. Electric Power Generation," International Economic Review, Department of Economics, University of Pennsylvania and Osaka University Institute of Social and Economic Research Association, vol. 25(3), pages 647-62, October.
- Bopp, Anthony E. & Costello, David, 1990. "The economics of fuel choice at US electric utilities," Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 12(2), pages 82-88, April.
- Schmidt, Peter & Knox Lovell, C. A., 1979. "Estimating technical and allocative inefficiency relative to stochastic production and cost frontiers," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 9(3), pages 343-366, February.
- Lam, Pun-Lee & Shiu, Alice, 2001. "A data envelopment analysis of the efficiency of China's thermal power generation," Utilities Policy, Elsevier, vol. 10(2), pages 75-83, June.
- Wang, Yi-Shu & Xie, Bai-Chen & Shang, Li-Feng & Li, Wen-Hua, 2013. "Measures to improve the performance of China’s thermal power industry in view of cost efficiency," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 112(C), pages 1078-1086.
- Fleishman, Rachel & Alexander, Rob & Bretschneider, Stuart & Popp, David, 2009. "Does regulation stimulate productivity? The effect of air quality policies on the efficiency of US power plants," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 37(11), pages 4574-4582, November.
- Azadeh, A. & Ghaderi, S.F. & Anvari, M. & Saberi, M., 2007. "Performance assessment of electric power generations using an adaptive neural network algorithm," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 35(6), pages 3155-3166, June.
- Iglesias-Gómez, Guillermo & Seijas Díaz, A., 2008. "Evaluación de la eficiencia productiva de los parques eólicos gallegos," Estudios de Economía Aplicada, Estudios de Economía Aplicada, vol. 26, pages 167-194, Septiembr.
- Sueyoshi, Toshiyuki & Goto, Mika, 2012. "Efficiency-based rank assessment for electric power industry: A combined use of Data Envelopment Analysis (DEA) and DEA-Discriminant Analysis (DA)," Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 34(3), pages 634-644.
- See, Kok Fong & Coelli, Tim, 2012. "An analysis of factors that influence the technical efficiency of Malaysian thermal power plants," Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 34(3), pages 677-685.
- Sözen, Adnan & Alp, Ihsan & Özdemir, Adnan, 2010. "Assessment of operational and environmental performance of the thermal power plants in Turkey by using data envelopment analysis," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 38(10), pages 6194-6203, October.
- Bi, Gong-Bing & Song, Wen & Zhou, P. & Liang, Liang, 2014. "Does environmental regulation affect energy efficiency in China's thermal power generation? Empirical evidence from a slacks-based DEA model," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 66(C), pages 537-546.
- Zhou, Yan & Xing, Xinpeng & Fang, Kuangnan & Liang, Dapeng & Xu, Chunlin, 2013. "Environmental efficiency analysis of power industry in China based on an entropy SBM model," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 57(C), pages 68-75.
- Sueyoshi, Toshiyuki & Goto, Mika, 2011. "Operational synergy in the US electric utility industry under an influence of deregulation policy: A linkage to financial performance and corporate value," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 39(2), pages 699-713, February.
- Sueyoshi, Toshiyuki & Goto, Mika & Ueno, Takahiro, 2010. "Performance analysis of US coal-fired power plants by measuring three DEA efficiencies," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 38(4), pages 1675-1688, April.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Zhang, Lei).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.