Time-varying structural vector autoregressions and monetary policy: a corrigendum
AbstractThis note corrects a mistake in the estimation algorithm of the time-varying structural vector autoregression model of Primiceri (2005) and proposes a new algorithm that correctly applies the procedure proposed by Kim, Shephard, and Chib (1998) to the estimation of VAR or DSGE models with stochastic volatility. Relative to Primiceri (2005), the correct algorithm involves a different ordering of the various Markov Chain Monte Carlo steps.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by Federal Reserve Bank of New York in its series Staff Reports with number 619.
Date of creation: 2013
Date of revision:
This paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2013-05-24 (All new papers)
- NEP-ECM-2013-05-24 (Econometrics)
- NEP-ETS-2013-05-24 (Econometric Time Series)
- NEP-MAC-2013-05-24 (Macroeconomics)
- NEP-ORE-2013-05-24 (Operations Research)
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Fabio Canova & Luca Gambetti, 2003.
"Structural changes in the US economy: is there a role for monetary policy?,"
Economics Working Papers
918, Department of Economics and Business, Universitat Pompeu Fabra, revised Apr 2008.
- Canova, Fabio & Gambetti, Luca, 2009. "Structural changes in the US economy: Is there a role for monetary policy?," Journal of Economic Dynamics and Control, Elsevier, vol. 33(2), pages 477-490, February.
- D'Agostino, Antonello & Gambetti, Luca & Giannone, Domenico & Giannone, Domenico, 2009.
"Macroeconomic Forecasting and Structural Change,"
Research Technical Papers
8/RT/09, Central Bank of Ireland.
- D Agostino, Antonello & Gambetti, Luca & Giannone, Domenico, 2009. "Macroeconomic Forecasting and Structural Change," CEPR Discussion Papers 7542, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Gambetti, Luca & D’Agostino, Antonello & Giannone, Domenico, 2010. "Macroeconomic forecasting and structural change," Working Paper Series 1167, European Central Bank.
- Antonello D'Agostino & Luca Gambetti & Domenico Giannone, 2009. "Macroeconomic Forecasting and Structural Change," Working Papers ECARES 2009_020, ULB -- Universite Libre de Bruxelles.
- Vasco Cúrdia & Marco Del Negro & Daniel L. Greenwald, 2013.
"Rare shocks, Great Recessions,"
Working Paper Series
2013-01, Federal Reserve Bank of San Francisco.
- Jacquier, Eric & Polson, Nicholas G & Rossi, Peter E, 1994. "Bayesian Analysis of Stochastic Volatility Models: Comments: Reply," Journal of Business & Economic Statistics, American Statistical Association, vol. 12(4), pages 413-17, October.
- Jacquier, Eric & Polson, Nicholas G & Rossi, Peter E, 1994.
"Bayesian Analysis of Stochastic Volatility Models,"
Journal of Business & Economic Statistics,
American Statistical Association, vol. 12(4), pages 371-89, October.
- Tom Doan, . "RATS programs to replicate Jacquier, Polson, Rossi (1994) stochastic volatility," Statistical Software Components RTZ00105, Boston College Department of Economics.
- Yuelin Liu & James Morley, 2013.
"Structural Evolution of the Postwar U.S. Economy,"
2013-15A, School of Economics, The University of New South Wales.
- Steffen Henzel & Wolfgang Nierhaus & Tim Oliver Berg & Christian Breuer & Kai Carstensen & Christian Grimme & Oliver Hülsewig & Atanas Hristov & Nikolay Hristov & Michael Kleemann & Wolfgang Meister , 2013. "ifo Konjunkturprognose 2013/2014: Deutsche Konjunkturlokomotive kommt unter Dampf," Ifo Schnelldienst, Ifo Institute for Economic Research at the University of Munich, vol. 66(24), pages 20-67, December.
- Koop, Gary & Tole, Lise, 2013. "Modeling the relationship between European carbon permits and certified emission reductions," Journal of Empirical Finance, Elsevier, vol. 24(C), pages 166-181.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Amy Farber).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.