Argentina's recovery and "excess" capital shallowing of the 1990s
AbstractThe paper examines Argentina’s economic expansion in the 1990s through the lens of a parsimonious neoclassical growth model. The main finding is that investment remained considerably weaker than what the model would have predicted. The resulting excessive “capital shallowing” could be identified as a weakness of the rapid economic growth of the 1990s that may have played a role in Argentina’s ultimate inability to escape the crisis that started to unfold towards the end of that decade. ; Economic Research Working Paper 0204
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by Federal Reserve Bank of Dallas in its series Center for Latin America Working Papers with number 0102.
Date of creation: 2002
Date of revision:
Other versions of this item:
- Finn Kydland & Carlos E.J.M.Zarazaga, 2002. "Argentina's recovery and excess capital shallowing of the 1990s," Estudios de Economia, University of Chile, Department of Economics, vol. 29(1 Year 20), pages 35-45, June.
- E32 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - Prices, Business Fluctuations, and Cycles - - - Business Fluctuations; Cycles
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Patrick J. Kehoe & Fabrizio Perri, 2000.
"International business cycles with endogenous incomplete markets,"
265, Federal Reserve Bank of Minneapolis.
- Patrick J. Kehoe & Fabrizio Perri, 2002. "International Business Cycles with Endogenous Incomplete Markets," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 70(3), pages 907-928, May.
- Patrick J. Kehoe & Fabrizio Perri, 2000. "International Business Cycles with Endogenous Incomplete Markets," NBER Working Papers 7870, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Fernando Alvarez & Urban J. Jermann, .
"Quantitative Asset Pricing Implications of Endogenous Solvency Constraints,"
Rodney L. White Center for Financial Research Working Papers
10-99, Wharton School Rodney L. White Center for Financial Research.
- Alvarez, Fernando & Jermann, Urban J, 2001. "Quantitative Asset Pricing Implications of Endogenous Solvency Constraints," Review of Financial Studies, Society for Financial Studies, vol. 14(4), pages 1117-51.
- Fernando Alvarez & Urban J. Jermann, 1999. "Quantitative asset pricing implications of endogenous solvency constraints," Working Papers 99-5, Federal Reserve Bank of Philadelphia.
- Fernando Alvarez & Urban J. Jermann, 1999. "Quantitative Asset Pricing Implications of Endogenous Solvency Constraints," NBER Working Papers 6953, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Finn E. Kydland & Carlos E.J.M. Zarazaga, 2001.
"Argentina's lost decade,"
Center for Latin America Working Papers
0401, Federal Reserve Bank of Dallas.
- Timothy Kehoe & Edward Prescott, 2002.
"Data Appendix to Great Depressions of the Twentieth Century,"
kehoe02, Review of Economic Dynamics.
- Timothy J. Kehoe & Edward C. Prescott (), 2007.
"Great depressions of the twentieth century,"
Federal Reserve Bank of Minneapolis, number 2007gdott.
- Finn E. Kydland & Carlos E. J. M. Zarazaga, 2002.
"Online Appendix to Argentina's Lost Decade and the Subsequent Recovery Puzzle,"
kydland02, Review of Economic Dynamics.
- Hansen, Gary D., 1997.
"Technical progress and aggregate fluctuations,"
Journal of Economic Dynamics and Control,
Elsevier, vol. 21(6), pages 1005-1023, June.
- Kydland, Finn E & Prescott, Edward C, 1982.
"Time to Build and Aggregate Fluctuations,"
Econometric Society, vol. 50(6), pages 1345-70, November.
- Finn E. Kydland & Edward C. Prescott, 1982. "Web interface for "Time to Build and Aggregate Fluctuations"," QM&RBC Codes 4a, Quantitative Macroeconomics & Real Business Cycles.
- Finn E. Kydland & Edward C. Prescott, 1982. "Executable program for "Time to Build and Aggregate Fluctuations"," QM&RBC Codes 4, Quantitative Macroeconomics & Real Business Cycles.
- Ariel Coremberg, 2008. "The Measurement of TFP in Argentina, 1990-2004: A Case of the Tyranny of Numbers, Economic Cycles and Methodology," International Productivity Monitor, Centre for the Study of Living Standards, vol. 17, pages 52-74, Fall.
- Jérôme Sgard, 2004. "Ce qu'on en dit après - le Currency Board argentin et sa fin tragique," Sciences Po publications info:hdl:2441/6827, Sciences Po.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Delia Rodriguez).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.