A Note on the Robustness of Card and Krueger (1994) and Neumark and Wascher (2000)
AbstractThis note adds to the discussion originating from David Card and Alan B. Krueger (1994; CK) and David Neumark and William Wascher (2000; NW). It re-evaluates their results by using the semiparametric difference-in-differences estimator introduced by Alberto Abadie (2005). The re-evaluation suggests that the original results on the average employment effect in CK and NW are fairly robust, although the NW results are slightly diluted when taking into account the differences in the distributions of the observed covariates.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by Government Institute for Economic Research Finland (VATT) in its series Working Papers with number 25.
Date of creation: 14 Jun 2011
Date of revision:
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- J38 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Wages, Compensation, and Labor Costs - - - Public Policy
- J23 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Demand and Supply of Labor - - - Labor Demand
- C21 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Single Equation Models; Single Variables - - - Cross-Sectional Models; Spatial Models; Treatment Effect Models
This paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2012-02-27 (All new papers)
- NEP-LAB-2012-02-27 (Labour Economics)
- NEP-LMA-2012-02-27 (Labor Markets - Supply, Demand, & Wages)
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Essi Eerola & Teemu Lyytikäinen, 2012. "On the role of public price information in housing markets," Working Papers 30, Government Institute for Economic Research Finland (VATT).
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Anita Niskanen).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.