The Costs of Achieving the Millennium Development Goals through Adopting Organic Agriculture
AbstractThis paper provides estimates of the costs of organic agriculture (OA) programs, and sets them in the context of the costs of attaining the United Nationsâ€™ Millennium Development Goals (MDGs). It analyzes the costs of OA programs in four case studies: Wanzai, PRC; Wuyuan, PRC; Kandy, Sri Lanka; and Ubon Ratchathani, Thailand. [Working paper no: 193]. URL:[http://www.adbi.org/files/2010.02.09.wp193.cost.mdg.organic.agriculture.pdf].
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by eSocialSciences in its series Working Papers with number id:4395.
Date of creation: Aug 2011
Date of revision:
Note: Institutional Papers
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.esocialsciences.org
MDGs; organic agriculture; United Nations; Millennium Development goals; Sri Lanka; Thailand; education; health; environment; PRC; household; poverty; gender disparity; maternal health; child mortality; HIV/AIDS; malaria and other diseases; environmental sustainability; development; primary education; children schooling;
Other versions of this item:
- Anil Markandya & Sununtar Setboonsarng & Qiao Yu Hui & Rachanee Songkranok & Adam Stefan, 2010. "The Costs of Achieving the Millennium Development Goals through Adopting Organic Agriculture," Development Economics Working Papers 23015, East Asian Bureau of Economic Research.
- Markandya, Anil & Setboonsarng, Sununtar & Hui, Qiao Yu & Songkranok, Rachanee & Stefan, Adam, 2010. "The Costs of Achieving the Millennium Development Goals through Adopting Organic Agriculture," ADBI Working Papers 193, Asian Development Bank Institute.
- Q01 - Agricultural and Natural Resource Economics; Environmental and Ecological Economics - - General - - - Sustainable Development
- Q18 - Agricultural and Natural Resource Economics; Environmental and Ecological Economics - - Agriculture - - - Agricultural Policy; Food Policy
- Q56 - Agricultural and Natural Resource Economics; Environmental and Ecological Economics - - Environmental Economics - - - Environment and Development; Environment and Trade; Sustainability; Environmental Accounts and Accounting; Environmental Equity; Population Growth
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- World Bank & International Monetary Fund, 2008. "Global Monitoring Report 2008 : MDGs and the Environment, Agenda for Inclusive and Sustainable Development," World Bank Publications, The World Bank, number 6518, March.
- Devarajan, Shantayanan & Miller, Margaret J. & Swanson, Eric V., 2002. "Goals for development : history, prospects and costs," Policy Research Working Paper Series 2819, The World Bank.
- Bourguignon, Francois & Diaz-Bonilla, Carolina & Lofgren, Hans, 2008. "Aid, service delivery, and the millennium development goals in an economy-wide framework," Policy Research Working Paper Series 4683, The World Bank.
- R. Quentin Grafton, 2007. "Economic Development & Environmental Sustainability: New Policy Options - Edited by Ramón López and Michael A. Toman," The Economic Record, The Economic Society of Australia, vol. 83(262), pages 347-349, 09.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Padma Prakash).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.