Unbelievable but True â€” Improved Cook-stoves are not Helpful in Reducing Firewood Demand in Nepal
AbstractThis paper analyzes the effect of different types of cook-stoves on firewood demand at the household level. Nationally representative household data from Nepal is used for the study. [SANDEE Working Paper No. 51 - 10].
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by eSocialSciences in its series Working Papers with number id:3408.
Date of creation: Jan 2011
Date of revision:
Note: Institutional Papers
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.esocialsciences.org
cook stoves; nepal; household; firewood; demand; Firewood consumption; Mud stove; Deforestation; Open-fire stove; data; health problems; gree house gas emission;
Other versions of this item:
- Nepal, Mani & Nepal, Apsara & Grimsrud, Kristine, 2011. "Unbelievable but improved cookstoves are not helpful in reducing firewood demand in Nepal," Environment and Development Economics, Cambridge University Press, vol. 16(01), pages 1-23, February.
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Gunnar Köhlin & Peter J. Parks, 2001. "Spatial Variability and Disincentives to Harvest: Deforestation and Fuelwood Collection in South Asia," Land Economics, University of Wisconsin Press, vol. 77(2), pages 206-218.
- Abebe Damte & Steven F. Koch, 2011.
"Clean Fuel Saving Technology Adoption In Urban Ethiopia,"
201109, University of Pretoria, Department of Economics.
- Beyene, Abebe D. & Koch, Steven F., 2013. "Clean fuel-saving technology adoption in urban Ethiopia," Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 36(C), pages 605-613.
- Abebe Damte & Steven F. Koch, 2011. "Clean Fuel-Saving Technology Adoption in Urban Ethiopia," Working Papers 229, Economic Research Southern Africa.
- Alem, Yonas & Hassen, Sied & Köhlin, Gunnar, 2013.
"The Dynamics of Electric Cookstove Adoption: Panel data evidence from Ethiopia,"
Working Papers in Economics
557, University of Gothenburg, Department of Economics.
- Alem, Yonas & Hassen, Sied & Kohlin, Gunnar, 2013. "The Dynamics of Electric Cookstove Adoption: Panel Data Evidence from Ethiopia," Discussion Papers dp-13-03-efd, Resources For the Future.
- Jack Gregory & David I. Stern, 2012. "Fuel Choices in Rural Maharashtra," CCEP Working Papers 1207, Centre for Climate Economics & Policy, Crawford School of Public Policy, The Australian National University.
- Kohlin, Gunnar & Sills, Erin O. & Pattanayak, Subhrendu K. & Wilfong, Christopher, 2011. "Energy, gender and development: what are the linkages ? where is the evidence ?," Policy Research Working Paper Series 5800, The World Bank.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Padma Prakash).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.