Towards Gender-Balanced Leadership: What has not Worked and What May?
AbstractThe paper analyzes the the dynamics of gender balance in the corporate world. It examines the present scenario of leadership in this sector and the reasons of lack of female leaders.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by eSocialSciences in its series Working Papers with number id:3241.
Date of creation: Nov 2010
Date of revision:
Note: Institutional Papers
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.esocialsciences.org
gender balance; corporations; women; senior management; women; executive committees; leadership; workplaces; ethics;
This paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2010-12-11 (All new papers)
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Reuben, Ernesto & Rey-Biel, Pedro & Sapienza, Paola & Zingales, Luigi, 2010.
"The Emergence of Male Leadership in Competitive Environments,"
IZA Discussion Papers
5300, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Reuben, Ernesto & Rey-Biel, Pedro & Sapienza, Paola & Zingales, Luigi, 2012. "The emergence of male leadership in competitive environments," Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization, Elsevier, vol. 83(1), pages 111-117.
- Joseph Price, 2008. "Gender Differences in the Response to Competition," Industrial and Labor Relations Review, ILR Review, Cornell University, ILR School, vol. 61(3), pages 320-333, April.
- Elke Holst & Anita Wiemer, 2010. "Frauen sind in Spitzengremien der Wirtschaft unterrepräsentiert," Wirtschaftsdienst, Springer, vol. 90(10), pages 692-699, October.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Padma Prakash).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.