Financial Regulation: Emerging From The Shadows
AbstractAddress given in shortened form at the occasion of accepting the appointment as Full Professor of "Institutional Design of Integrating Markets" at the Rotterdam School of Management / Faculteit Bedrijfskunde of Erasmus University Rotterdam on Friday, June 15, 2001
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by Erasmus Research Institute of Management (ERIM), ERIM is the joint research institute of the Rotterdam School of Management, Erasmus University and the Erasmus School of Economics (ESE) at Erasmus University Rotterdam. in its series ERIM Inaugural Address Series Research in Management with number EIA-2001-002-ORG.
Date of creation: 15 Jun 2001
Date of revision:
Contact details of provider:
Postal: RSM Erasmus University & Erasmus School of Economics, PoBox 1738, 3000 DR Rotterdam
Phone: 31-10-408 1182
Fax: 31-10-408 9020
Web page: http://www.erim.eur.nl/
More information through EDIRC
Basel Committee; Neo-Austrian finance; banking; capital requirements; deposit insurance; incentives; internal ratings; market discipline; regulatory; shadow committee; subordinated debt;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- G18 - Financial Economics - - General Financial Markets - - - Government Policy and Regulation
- L2 - Industrial Organization - - Firm Objectives, Organization, and Behavior
- M - Business Administration and Business Economics; Marketing; Accounting
- M10 - Business Administration and Business Economics; Marketing; Accounting - - Business Administration - - - General
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Harald Benink, 2001. "An Exploration of Neo-Austrian Theory Applied to Financial Markets," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 56(3), pages 1011-1027, 06.
- Calomiris, Charles W., 1999. "Building an incentive-compatible safety net," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 23(10), pages 1499-1519, October.
- Israel M. Kirzner, 1997. "Entrepreneurial Discovery and the Competitive Market Process: An Austrian Approach," Journal of Economic Literature, American Economic Association, vol. 35(1), pages 60-85, March.
- Mathias Dewatripont & Jean Tirole, 1994. "The prudential regulation of banks," ULB Institutional Repository 2013/9539, ULB -- Universite Libre de Bruxelles.
- Xavier Freixas & Jean-Charles Rochet, 1997. "Microeconomics of Banking," MIT Press Books, The MIT Press, edition 1, volume 1, number 0262061937, December.
- Reinhard H. Schmidt & Harald Benink, 2000. "Towards a regulatory agenda for banking in Europe," Working Paper Series: Finance and Accounting 58, Department of Finance, Goethe University Frankfurt am Main.
- Harald Benink & Clas Wihlborg, 2002. "The New Basel Capital Accord: Making it Effective with Stronger Market Discipline," European Financial Management, European Financial Management Association, vol. 8(1), pages 103-115.
- Keeley, Michael C, 1990. "Deposit Insurance, Risk, and Market Power in Banking," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 80(5), pages 1183-1200, December.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (RePub).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.