Financial Regulation: Emerging From The Shadows
AbstractAddress given in shortened form at the occasion of accepting the appointment as Full Professor of "Institutional Design of Integrating Markets" at the Rotterdam School of Management / Faculteit Bedrijfskunde of Erasmus University Rotterdam on Friday, June 15, 2001
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by Erasmus Research Institute of Management (ERIM), ERIM is the joint research institute of the Rotterdam School of Management, Erasmus University and the Erasmus School of Economics (ESE) at Erasmus University Rotterdam. in its series ERIM Inaugural Address Series Research in Management with number EIA-2001-002-ORG.
Date of creation: 15 Jun 2001
Date of revision:
Contact details of provider:
Postal: RSM Erasmus University & Erasmus School of Economics, PoBox 1738, 3000 DR Rotterdam
Phone: 31-10-408 1182
Fax: 31-10-408 9020
Web page: http://www.erim.eur.nl/
More information through EDIRC
Basel Committee; Neo-Austrian finance; banking; capital requirements; deposit insurance; incentives; internal ratings; market discipline; regulatory; shadow committee; subordinated debt;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- G18 - Financial Economics - - General Financial Markets - - - Government Policy and Regulation
- L2 - Industrial Organization - - Firm Objectives, Organization, and Behavior
- M - Business Administration and Business Economics; Marketing; Accounting
- M10 - Business Administration and Business Economics; Marketing; Accounting - - Business Administration - - - General
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Douglas D. Evanoff & Larry D. Wall, 2001.
"Measures of the riskiness of banking organizations: Subordinated debt yields, risk-based capital, and examination ratings,"
2001-25, Federal Reserve Bank of Atlanta.
- Evanoff, Douglas D. & Wall, Larry D., 2002. "Measures of the riskiness of banking organizations: Subordinated debt yields, risk-based capital, and examination ratings," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 26(5), pages 989-1009, May.
- Keeley, Michael C, 1990. "Deposit Insurance, Risk, and Market Power in Banking," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 80(5), pages 1183-1200, December.
- Calomiris, Charles W., 1999. "Building an incentive-compatible safety net," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 23(10), pages 1499-1519, October.
- Reinhard H. Schmidt & Harald Benink, 2000. "Towards a regulatory agenda for banking in Europe," Working Paper Series: Finance and Accounting 58, Department of Finance, Goethe University Frankfurt am Main.
- Mathias Dewatripont & Jean Tirole, 1994. "The prudential regulation of banks," ULB Institutional Repository 2013/9539, ULB -- Universite Libre de Bruxelles.
- Harald Benink, 2001. "An Exploration of Neo-Austrian Theory Applied to Financial Markets," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 56(3), pages 1011-1027, 06.
- Israel M. Kirzner, 1997. "Entrepreneurial Discovery and the Competitive Market Process: An Austrian Approach," Journal of Economic Literature, American Economic Association, vol. 35(1), pages 60-85, March.
- Harald Benink & Clas Wihlborg, 2002. "The New Basel Capital Accord: Making it Effective with Stronger Market Discipline," European Financial Management, European Financial Management Association, vol. 8(1), pages 103-115.
- Xavier Freixas & Jean-Charles Rochet, 1997. "Microeconomics of Banking," MIT Press Books, The MIT Press, edition 1, volume 1, number 0262061937, December.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (RePub).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.